Don't Continue to Subsidize Anti-Hunting! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Don't Continue to Subsidize Anti-Hunting!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathman View Post
    I'm just speculating here, but is this about duck hunting? I seem to remember a post fest regarding this issue recently.

If so, there's a simple solution. How about all you guys worrying about depleting the rescource, push to have one weekday eliminated from the available days to hunt, and then the vast majority of hunters who have both Saturday and Sunday available, can get out there and hunt.

These type of arguments remind me of the gun control arguments where the vocal minority drive policy because they never STFU! They can't bring themselves to punish the criminals, so instead they decide that banning guns is the way to protect society.
    In this case it appears that some of you feel that the game populations (ducks?) are being over harvested. So instead of seeking an unselfish solution that benefits the majority and maintains appropriate harvest limits, you instead want to restrict and limit other sportsman ( vast majority) from utilizing their days off to get out to hunt.
    not about duck hunting it's about Sunday gun hunting for everything. I just mentioned ducks because that is a season set by the Feds that allows for a certain amount of hunting days.

Member #
    Same argument applies to all hunting in my view.

Member #
    I do find the argument about Sunday duck hunting to be disingenuous. Most of the opponents of Sunday duck hunting take great pleasure in posting their weekday bag limits of ducks. I don't have the time and opportunity anymore to get out on any weekday. This makes everyone in my predicament have to go out on Saturday if I wish to hunt. This makes Saturday a very crowded day. If Sunday were available, then I would pick one or the other to go out.

The argument that there are only 60 days, therefore we can't fit any more days is also an invalid argument. The early season is useless where I live (coastal zone). I would have no issue with the one less week early in the season, this would allow for 6 Sundays later in the season.
    Pineracer likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

xXx
    Member #
    Is it all really about just duck and deer? nobody cares about squirrel, rabbit, etc. (it hasn't been mentioned as an argument yet.) migratory has always been evaluated, and regulated separately. So it comes down to deer. Are the guys using the excuse of harassing our natural resources, then willing to forego sunday bow hunting? So, theres a double standard for weapon type?
    -I had a good quote, but Hillary deleted it-

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

N.R.A. endowment patriot lifetime member.

Member #
    Those we deride Sunday hunting come off as elitist snobs who seem to want the woods to themselves. Those who buck Sunday hunting is just another example of creating divisiveness among hunters. There is no proof that Sunday hunting will have a demonstrable negative effect on game populations.

More opportunities do not always mean a negative concentration in one area.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx View Post
    Is it all really about just duck and deer? nobody cares about squirrel, rabbit, etc. (it hasn't been mentioned as an argument yet.) migratory has always been evaluated, and regulated separately. So it comes down to deer. Are the guys using the excuse of harassing our natural resources, then willing to forego sunday bow hunting? So, theres a double standard for weapon type?
    If it wasn't for the prolific stocking program, upland hunting would essentially be dead in this state. Deer hunters pay handsomely to cull deer in this state. They play an essential role for the state.

Member #
    I don't have the privilege of hunting on Sunday being i have to work but I don't see anything wrong with it if the state passes it.another day in the week won't be the problem what's the difference if it's a firearm or a bow?the problem lies in a season that last for months and months but it's up to us we don't have to kill every deer we see in the woods I stated this already the state implements the rules we just play the game.

Member #
    Guys like slayer 62 and many others work so much during the week plus family time kids etc don't get the privilege of hunting during the weekday and only have one day to hunt .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors