some random thoughts:
- THE standard American .22 rifle is the Ruger 10/22. Everybody owns one and there are hundreds of aftermarket accessories. Probably the most popular .22 in America.
- Savage has a reputation for exceptionally accurate rifles at a reasonable cost. I own a couple of Savage bolt actions in calibers other than .22 and have always been pleased with them.
- I prefer semi-autos over bolts, levers, or single shot. In a .22 semi-autos are reasonably priced.
- Levers are more expensive. Very nice, but expensive.
- Bolt actions are available for a low price at good quality but I still prefer semi-autos. I like bolt actions for guns where accuracy counts. The effective range of .22s is so limited that accuracy isn't the most important factor to me.
- All of the major manufacturers make pretty good stuff. I would be comfortable with any of the manufacturer's you mentioned.