Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. - Page 41
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Member #
    Hi everyone, I'm in Jersey City and basically brand new to hunting. I've been invited on 2 spring turkey hunts in GA, but I'm looking to really get into hunting on my own. With the seasons ending I wanted to spend the next few months getting equipment, doing research and planning 2019 hunts. Any information about necessary equipment to get or great public lands nearby to hunt would be greatly appreciated. Really any insight would be great! Thanks

Member #
    Good luck on your journey Rob Delaware Water Gap be clean be safe be respectful good luck
    OutdoorRob likes this.
    I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together. John Burroughs

Member #
    There is alot of great info on the web of course, as well as magazines ,books but getting out there and scouting and practicing what you have researched is key !
    My brother started me hunting but it wasnt until I got older and tried things on my own I think was the best way to learn. I can remember reading OUTDOOR LIFE over and over as a kid and couldnt wait to start driving and looking at what NJ had to offer for hunting spots , NJ is alot different now thats for sure ! There are alot of outdoor shows and clubs to meet people and get more info as well . I wish I had more time to help young or new hunters ,but time in the woods and lakes dosent come along as often these days . I wish you luck and look forward to seeing your posts with your harvest .BR
    OutdoorRob likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks a lot. Yeah unfortunately I don't own a car so making more frequent trips to scout areas isn't possible, but I'm going to spend a lot of time mapping out areas for spots.

Member #
    I am new not only on this site but also in this area. I will be glad if you share useful tips.
    longbow likes this.

Member #

labradogs,

I am a 72 year old who has hunted since i was thirteen.Im a member of navasink river hunting retriever club, I have 11 pointing lab puppies one week old. 6 males, 5 females. akc sire and damn, [email protected].
    longbow likes this.

Member #

labradogs,

I am a 72 year old who has hunted since i was thirteen.Im a member of navasink river hunting retriever club, I have 11 pointing lab puppies one week old. 6 males, 5 females. akc sire and damn, <a href="mailto[email protected]">[email protected]</a>.

Member #
    wow 72 year old, so amazing for that.

Member #
    Hello everyone, I have been camping since I was a kid in the boy scouts. I am an eagle scout. I really enjoy cooking fresh food and that has led me to an interest in catching, killing and prepping local resources for my own. I hear the quality of the food is superior to anything in the food store! I caught my own brown trout this spring 2019, gutted it and cooked it on my skillet. SO YUMMY! I am completely new to the hunting and fishing lifestyle. This ignorance provides me with a completely open mind. I am down to try big game, small game, fish, etc. If its legal to kill and cook, I wanna try it. My ignorance is a double edge sword as my only knowledge for hunting and fishing comes from books or the internet. No idea where to begin.

Would anyone be my mentor? I am prepared to get my own gear provided you can tell me what I need. I want to be an independent hunter in time.

I am open to sharing meat I catch in exchange for the skills you teach me. If you can help me bring down a deer, you can have some back strips!
    Thank you!

Member #
    Good Morning All!

I am new to the site so posting my story here to introduce myself. Lifelong NJ resident...well, except for the two year California experiment my parents forced on me at 8 years old. I started hunting at 20 years old, I'm 50 now, so I've been at it a while. I have triplet boys, yes you read that right triplets, they turned 13 last March and one is taking his firearm hunting test next Sunday up at Pequest and is really excited. Maybe, and I stress maybe more excited than I am. I swear this kid was born in the wrong era. Not really into video games and loves everything outdoors. He would rather be riding his bike and playing with his friends outside. His brothers probably would not get off the couch if I didn't turn the internet off. We all like fishing though, freshwater, ocean, you name it. I guess I should mention the wife here as well since we've been married 22 years. She likes fishing but not into hunting. We've been living in Roxbury since 2000 so I've hunted all over northern NJ. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    longbow likes this.

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Sponsors