Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread. - Page 13
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Member #
    I've lived in NJ now for 9 years after retiring from a 28 year Navy career. I work at the Oyster Creek Generating Station in Forked River. I used to hunt a lot when I was a kid but moving from state to state made it difficult to continue the hobby. Now that I am settled, I want to get back into hunting but am finding it very difficult here in this state. I grew up in the farm country, Finger Lakes region of NY. Used to hunt in my backyard practically. Looking for advice of where to hunt, hunt clubs etc. to get started here. Thanks!

Member #
    I have been checking this site out for a while now, and decided to sign up. I did notice that there a lot of your typical online smart asses on here just like most other sites.
    I lived in south Jersey all my life and enjoy the outdoors. Started fishing at the age of 8. Started hunting at the age of 15. I fish a lot of freshwater lakes and rivers mostly for bass and carp. I also do a lot of salt water fishing in the Delaware bay and Brigantine area for flounder, clams, stripers. I enjoy hunting my local WMA's and I also have permission to hunt private 65acres in Salem county.

Member #
    I just found this site the other day. I've lived in NJ for most of my life. I was in Florida for 3-4 years then came back. Silly me...lol

I've fished since I was about 4 and started hunting at 16. I hunted for a few years but didn't have too many good experiences(although I still loved being out there) besides some good goose hunting and ok pheasant hunting at the local war zone. I'm looking to get back in to hunting and shooting. Id rather be no where else besides the outdoors. I'm interested in ALL aspects/types of hunting and fishing. I've already learned a lot from my short stay here so far. I really love the site and a big thanks to all of those involved!
    REALTREE83 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hello . I have lived in nj all my life. I hunt deer mostly. I love small game but without a dog its not the most productive thing for me. I use a xbow as my shoulder gave out on me. Im not a big fan of rage broadheads..I live to still hunt on a quiet snow.. I shoot does an if a buck comes to me even better. Imho does taste better anyway. I have 2 little boys who I hope to hunt with.. If they choose. ..I HOPE..... Be safe everyone
    hunterbob1 likes this.
    Any day that you don’t go hunting or fishing is 1 less day you will have hunted or fished

100,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean. Not enough.

Member #
    ^^ Interesting choice of a screen name. Welcome to the sight....

Member #
    the name is Nick. I live in cape may county. I love to fish, crab, clam, hunt, or just be outside. I also like cooking bacon and making my own baconbits, they taste way better than the crap in a container!

Member #
    Hi everyone, name is Ed. Recently RETIRED Verizon .Central nj location. Like guns, boats, motorcycles, fishing and reloading. Also run a small business called Marine Repair Service that services the Mercruiser Series1, R,RM,Alpha, Alpha GEN II drives .
    My place or yours! Looks like a great site .

Member #
    Howdy, folks.

I've been poking around here for a while, so I figured I'd join. I'm new to shooting, trying Trap, and I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as time goes by. I've also achieved the status of "Armed Hiker" with a bow, but have yet to put a deer on the ground.

This Fall...

Also - I haven't fished seriously in years but this is also the Spring I get back into it.

Member #
    Hello all! Hard core deer and turkey hunter here. I hunt NW NJ for turkey's and Central NJ for deer. Put in for my permits, we should know by end of this month. In the past I always had turkey's on the land I hunt. Last year I hunted the entire spring season. Nothing, not sure why. Usually I have a lot of bears wander real close when I am hunting. I even had several napping around me 20 yards out to 75 yards. They never bothered me and I let them be. Never hunted bear. I hunt alone so hauling something more than a deer is not my thing. Got a nice 10 pointer this year. I have hunter Across the country. Looking to get onto a farm in NY as well this year.
    That about it!

Member #
    New to this Forum... NJ transplant 13 years ago from Louisiana and haven't really tapped into the natural resources here as far game and fish. I only have lightly got my feet wet here in NJ. I have made lots of hunts just outside the state with my southern buddies. I did shoot 2 does this Christmas in Arkansas and I the bug bad to get back into it and enjoy whats in my backyard. I am waterfowl fan , deer and upland birds. Also want to try and take some pigs if i can find some next fall. Look forward to reaping and sharing knowledge here as well as meeting new friends. Doug is the name....call me what you want just don't forget to call me for dinner.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sponsors