Poll.....Salt water license money would ..... - Page 2

View Poll Results: Salt water fishing license money would....

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Be matched with federal money and be given to NJDFW to manage it's natural resources

11 34.38%
  • Be put in the state's general treasury and used for any government functions

18 56.25%
  • I don't know

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Poll.....Salt water license money would .....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bonefreak View Post
    Wow....203 "sportsmen" viewed the poll, 9 actually bothered to vote (par for the country I guess), and only 2 had the knowledge of how funding conservation really works.....a user/pay system that has worked for many years throughout the country. Nothing in life is free, and that includes salt water fishing. We have a 19 inch fluke size limit because we don't have biologists to provide fishery data to refute the federal claims what part of the quota we should get, we have 2 state boat ramps between Sandy Hook and Tuckerton, and about 8 conservation officers to inspect 1 million salt water anglers as well as the commercial fleet. Just as I expected the poll would show (besides the voter turnout which I thought would be higher), the NJDFW need to educate its constituents about how funding conservation works through the Hunters Anglers Fund and get some support behind generating some money that will help save conservation in the most densely populated state in the nation. And what kicked this off was my pal bought his new license in January and the guy behind the counter in a well known sporting goods shop told my pal all the license money goes to building roads and low income housing. Ugh!
    You're upset that people didn't vote on a hypothetical poll that has no bearing on anything nor does it even really make sense. If you said "where do you think the money should go if they imposed a license fee" or "would you continue to fish saltwater if a license fee was imposed" and there was actually something to discuss you may have gotten a better respose. Look at any post on this forum and you will see the number of views always far outweighs the posts.

Member #
    Na, the poll was written as basic as it gets, people had 1 of 3 options where they think salt water license money would go. If they really needed it to be spelled out for them as a question or explained better, we have major issues on this form....but....I guess that's the way it needs to be done. Maybe I will set up the poll again.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblehead View Post
    You're upset that people didn't vote on a hypothetical poll that has no bearing on anything nor does it even really make sense. If you said "where do you think the money should go if they imposed a license fee" or "would you continue to fish saltwater if a license fee was imposed" and there was actually something to discuss you may have gotten a better respose. Look at any post on this forum and you will see the number of views always far outweighs the posts.
    Exactly :-)!

I am deplorable

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Money goes into general fund .
    When the salt water license vs free registry originally came up .fish and game asked for part of it to go towards enforcement . They were denied .so they told the state to keep the registry free and not add another license

Capt.Dan Bias

Member #
    everything in NJ goes into a general fund. you will never have any say where it goes period. Not trying to be an a$$ just the facts

Member #
    ALL licences fees go into the Hunter and Anglers fund, just as the proposed saltwater license would. The Division can help themselves out by removing one word from the current license law and generate a lot of income. What word is that you say? "fresh" The law currently says if you are angling in the fresh waters of the state you need a license, by removing the word fresh it would now include all the waters of the state, including all saltwater. One good thing is if you already buy a fishing license you won't be affected, only strictly saltwater angler will be affected and will be given the opportunity to share in protecting the resource, which everyone else does now. The money can be divided up based on the percentage of user per group. Lord knows the division has enough data to distinguish between the two groups.
    " Trout don't rise in the cemetery, so fish while you're able."
    A word to the wise......is not necessary, save it for the stupid ones!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tuny View Post
    ALL licences fees go into the Hunter and Anglers fund, just as the proposed saltwater license would. The Division can help themselves out by removing one word from the current license law and generate a lot of income. What word is that you say? "fresh" The law currently says if you are angling in the fresh waters of the state you need a license, by removing the word fresh it would now include all the waters of the state, including all saltwater. One good thing is if you already buy a fishing license you won't be affected, only strictly saltwater angler will be affected and will be given the opportunity to share in protecting the resource, which everyone else does now. The money can be divided up based on the percentage of user per group. Lord knows the division has enough data to distinguish between the two groups.
    Enough with the fees and licenses in this state already. They just keep finding new ways to get more of our money!

I am deplorable

Member #
    If you are not willing to pay for what you want don't complain when when things don't go your way.
    Deuce N Ducks likes this.
    " Trout don't rise in the cemetery, so fish while you're able."
    A word to the wise......is not necessary, save it for the stupid ones!

Member #
    If you are not willing to pay for what you want don't complain when when things don't go your way.
    No one is asking me if I am willing and things are not going my way when I pay, pay and pay. Enough already ! You can't even ride your own horse in this state without paying for it:-)

I am deplorable

Member #
    I don't know of anyone who enjoys hunting, fishing, trapping etc. who won't pay a fee. Its the absurd amounts and the way the fees are used that piss everyone off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors