Pheasant recipes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pheasant recipes?

Member #

Pheasant recipes?

Anyone have any good pheasant recipes that they could recommend? I have some left over pheasant and am looking for some recipe recommendations!

Member #
    Nobody has any good pheasant recipes?

Member #
    You can find tons of recipes on the internet. Just type in "pheasant recipes".
    Here's an example:
    https://www.pheasantcity.com/recipes/
    Boykin Runner likes this.
    Enjoy life. It has an expiration date.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I usually just make them the same way I make chicken.
    Mostly thin cutlets or breast meat with gray or cream of chicken in the oven on 325 for a bit just watch you don’t over cook them they dry out faster then store bought chicken.

Member #
    Marinate whatever you have left (I had breasts last week) in lemon pepper, pinch of cayenne and olive oil in the fridge for 8 hrs. Grill for a few minutes each side, dice and serve over an iceberg, cannelini, chopped onion salad.
    Yum
    jm1827 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by archer36 View Post
    You can find tons of recipes on the internet. Just type in "pheasant recipes".
    Here's an example:
    https://www.pheasantcity.com/recipes/
    Thanks, and I did do a search, actually found a couple of recipes but nothing that the wife liked. I was hoping to find some true and tested recipes here.

Member #
    Wrap each breast in a bacon slice or prosciutto. Saute in EVO and butter 90 sec each side. DO NOT OVER COOK. Remove from saute pan and cover. Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup +or- Marsala wine. Add mushrooms and reduce till sauce thickens. Return pheasant to pan to coat with sauce and serve immediately. This is even better with Chukar. Excellent with a mushroom risotto, grilled romain lettuce sprinkled with bread crumbs and regiano parmigiano. and a few glasses of pinot grigio. Mangia Bene !!!!
    jm1827 likes this.

Member #
    My mom used to put the breasts in one of those bags you cook chicken in with onions, carrots, peppers and diced potatoes with spices and a bit of chicken broth. Baked low and slow. The bag kept it from drying out. It was delicious. I miss her cooking.
    jm1827 likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    FoxPro Staff
    Crimson Talon Broadheads Staff
    Black Widow Deer Lures Staff
    Liquid Ghost Staff
    Ugly Buck Staff

Member #
    I like small game in red tomato sauce, brown all the parts in the pot you are going to make your sauce in oil, could add sliced onion and cloves of garlic. Then make your sauce in the same pot and let it simmer with game parts in the sauce. Usually anything with a bone will fall right off
    jm1827 likes this.

Member #
    Butterfly the skinned breast set aside. Remove as much meat as you can from the thighs and chop into small pieces. Chop fresh parsley. Season breasts with salt .pepper and any seasoning you prefer. Sautee leg meat in butter( I know but what the hell it IS a French recipe) , brown then add fresh parsley and continue to saute till parsley just starts to soften. Fill the breasts with this mixture , close the breast and wrap them with bacon held by tooth pics. Bake them in oven ( I forget the correct temp. but 325 to 350 can't be far off. Bake till bacon is cooked . Rest for a minute or two , then plate. There, now you can compete for a James Beard award. Experiment but DO NOT OVERCOOK!!
    Another recipe is to make "pheasant soup". My wife just uses her recipe for chicken soup. It's a bit more robust than chicken but very, very tasty. Just right for a cold night. Serve with your favorite crusty bread. Enjoy
    jm1827 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors