Opinions on Electric Smokers - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Opinions on Electric Smokers

Member #
    I've been using the Bradley for about 6 years. it is very easy to use but it is not the cheapest. their patented smoke generators only use their wood pucks which can be pricey but you can get them cheaper on ebay or even from homedepot.com. I know there are a couple of deer processors on this site who use Bradley for their jerky and smoked sausages. temperature control is critical when making sausages as temp spikes can cause the fat in the sausages to render, resulting in sausages that have a dried cardboard texture. ideally, you should use an aftermarket temp controller if your making a lot of sausages. pm me if you go with the Bradley and I can point you in the right direction with equipment and setup.
    It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Masterbuilt is number 1 on Amazon

Member #
    Went with the master built 30". I've only smoked ribs and chicken with a charcoal smoker. Wanted to get into doing my own bologna and snack sticks

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    this is my smoker setup. I put it in a garden tool shed mounted to a dolly. I leave it in my garage and just roll it out when smoking. you can see the after market temp controller that I use from auber instruments made just for the Bradley. it holds temps to +/- 1 degree which is real important when making sausages. I do all my venison sausages, snack sticks and bacon in here as well as pork shoulders for pulled pork. I never had to replace anything in 6 years but I don't use it every day
    jerseyhunter likes this.
    It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Member #
    I have the Masterbuilt 40". Works great. Make sure you purchase the cold smoke attachment or you will be feeding chips every 30-45 minutes.

Member #
    I picked up a 30" master built from tractor for $140 a month ago the cold smoker for $50 from cabelas for it. Very happy with it. Only thing I like about Bradley's is the auto feed

Member #
    I have a Masterbuilt and use it a couple times a month. I love it. Super easy to set the temperature and walk away. Whatever you get make sure that it uses wood chips and not manufactured wood disks. Electronic controls are nice too. A glass window adds to the cost and will be covered with soot so you won't be able to see trough it anyway.

Member #
    I like charcoal... somethin about fire and food that just cannot be replaced with gas, electric, etc.
    United we stand, Divided we fall.

Member #
    Am I the only one that thought for a sec that this post was about E Cigs?? LOL

Member #
    I just made 10 lbs of venison bacon "sizzle lean style" in my Bradley. I can't keep this stuff around, everyone loves it.
    Last edited by njxbow; 12-22-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    LBIKEN and rockyoutdoors like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors