Who uses bait any why? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Who uses bait any why?

Super Moderator Zone9DeerSlayer's Avatar
    Member #
    I bait because I can, and because it.works. If you don't like it I really don't give a F*+K about your opinion. If you feel that strongly about it get yourself on the fish & game council and try to change the law instead of crying about it on a forum. Do something about it, that I have respect for. Sounds arrogant I know but, until its against the law like it used to be a decade ago. I will continue the practice. If your gonna bait don't mess around with a bucket of corn. Go all out drop a few hundred $ a season. Go hard or go home. Bait makes a mediocre spot into a hot spot. I've seen the result.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zone9DeerSlayer; 10-16-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    NRA Life Member, NJ2AS Member, RTSP Range Member, Sussex County Federation Of Sportsmen's Clubs Recording Secretary, Knee Deep Club Member

Member #
    Got nothing to do with being legal. Yes it is n people certainly are able to. Don't care much bout your opinion either but it's about what's best for the sport. You have no idea who I am, what I've done in the sport, how I helped but Id bet its alot more than you bud.
    Most baiters are the newer breed. They haven't even cut real bow hunting teeth. They'll never learn to over bait. I'll say it again, it's the lazy, instant gratification way out. Lets go hunt a new farm together n see who does better? With or without your bait. By the time you establish it Ill be tagged out.

Member #
    Ive been bow hunting since 1988 how long do you have to hunt before your not "new"? Quarter century of bow hunting under my belt and I'm still a greenhorn lol. I've killed plenty of deer long before bait was legal myself. I'm also involved and devote plenty of my time to the preservation of hunting and fishing including many trips to Trenton. Not just for bow hunting, for all hunting. I won't go into major detail about it here. Guess you don't know who I am either. Keep doing your thing ill do mine. I don't need to bait to be successful I've long since proven that. Its difficult not to follow suit when every property around yours is also baiting. My philosophy is who ever has the biggest pile wins. I can afford to make a huge pile so yeah I usually win. Once everyone else stops so will I. Until then I will continue to keep baiting deer. My freezer is full now and always is every season.

Last edited by Zone9DeerSlayer; 10-17-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    NRA Life Member, NJ2AS Member, RTSP Range Member, Sussex County Federation Of Sportsmen's Clubs Recording Secretary, Knee Deep Club Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well I'll give ya this you've got some good points. I took hunter Ed a few times. On my own, w my ex n baby brother. Found an old bow safety card stamped 1984. Do we've been at it similar time. I do believe all the bait piles
    Change deer behavior, part of reason I'm against them. The other reasons are again people will never learn to hunt, I mean truly hunt without them. Obviously you're not one I'm referring to n I respect your trips to Trenton. The bait piles also in my opinion give the antis something else to bitch about. Def not sporting in my book. Bow hunting was supposed to be doing it the hard way. Putting bait at ten yards, shooting em everytime from same place def doesn't qualify as so. When I was a kid I remember hearing Curtis Slewa, if I spelled it right, a NY guardian angel curse hunters. His exception was except bow hunters .
    Saying at least we gave them a chance. Now we're all in it together but what will you do if they disallow baiting? Continue to hunt is the answer. The people growing up straight bait would quit n play golf in my guess. So are they really bow hunters knowing only one way to hunt?
    Anyone getting angry oughta hunt a day or two over bait n a day or two on an oak flat. Learn the deer, behavior, etc. that's how we grow bow hunters in my opinion.
    Excuses are easy, my place is too small, I work too much, all the deer ate next door . That's what separates the hard core guys from the Ill do it if I can succeed only guys.
    Make time, find a better spot, rest spots, hunt the wind, etc.
    Zone9DeerSlayer likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowguy View Post
    Hey just wanted to mention since you're a little slow city boy. I'm sorry bout your blown stalks but remember its tough to sneak up on game with a sack in your back. Makes noise bud. Prob look like Santa Clause all tip toeing n hunched over with your sack pulled tight to your shoulder. Try without it next time. Never know?
    Funny because Bait is illegal were I grew up hunting. Who said I had bait in my pack!! Apparently you have never done it because it has happened to the best of hunters. I would love to meet you too maybe share a bar and have a beer. I really don't understand where you think I am a city boy but hey each there own. Have a NICE DAY!

Member #
    I don't bait it's not ethical

Member #
    I don't drink so the bar is out but apparently since ya grew up without bait n now need it you have forgotten some things. Like the thrill of the chase, reading body language, etc. what exactly is so tough about conditioning deer to a bait pile, timing them on your camera, shooting em with a crossbow? You can give me all the crap ya want you'd not do it if it wasn't easier. And anyone else who feels it's not easier obviously is doing it for added challenge I guess? It's most def easier n it's the easier way out. It's ok if that's what ya want to be. Just not sporting.

Member #
    The #1 reason baiting is so popular is because many hunters gain access to a small lot, and thats all they have (or face public ground). There is nothing to pattern, the deer either show or they don't. Its much easier to hunt a small lot with a short walk and bait pile, with better faster results, then go do it in the big woods on public land. Public land at least up by me is barely touched until small game opens. I have my own small lot (about 9 acres) but also hunt most of my neighbors and with over a dozen stands within walking distance, hunting continually over bait doesn't work for me. When the acorn crop is very poor as it was this year, I do put a few lbs of corn out by my cam around this time of year, to get more pics (mostly at night), to see what is in the area, and on rare occasion it can bring a buck in trailing a doe. 95% of any buck I ever shot was not over bait though... I'll take a nice acorn laden funnel any day of the week over a bait pile. All that being said, I one of my two best hunts this year was near the corn pile. The nice buck and 4 dinks and big does all got a pass, so I could prepare tonight's tag stew for dinner

Baiting is here to stay, but it in all honesty it is a little more satisfying to harvest without it, just like it must be more satisfying to take one with trad...

Member #
    How do you guys feel about baiting in Bear. I'm personally on the fence about it.

Last edited by Zone9DeerSlayer; 10-25-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Sponsors