New Jersey Hunters banner

What feather cut?

7K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  maximus 
#1 ·
For those who have a preferance which feather cut do you prefer?

#2 ·
Left wing

#7 ·
Sheild cut

#14 ·
I use parabolics (Not like the ones pictured as others have said those are Bananas)

#16 ·
Pernocto,
Thats more like it!

OBTW Love your avitar I am thinking of a way I can steal it and place a recurve in there with that gal.
IMO a recurve would match HER curves much better!

#19 ·
Shield [up]

#21 ·
Does it really matter on what side feather you use or how you cut it?

Does it really matter if the arrows spins right or left?

Seems to me we're being a little anal about it, wouldn't you think?

I'm not trying to cause trouble. Is there some proven fact to claim these results or is it subjective to each user...

#22 ·
Does it really matter on what side feather you use or how you cut it?
Certain feathers are used for certain styles of shooting. Bannans are a much heavier and stable cut which will stabalize your arrow in flight. Great for messing around w/ 3D.

Flu Flu are used for moving targets in the air...their size limits the distance they travel.

Also each bow/arrow setup like a certain fletch. Some like 4 fletch some like 3 some like certain shapes. Aside from being anal/personal preference it really bares down to what shoots best out of your bow. Some shoot what they like and some shoot what shoots best. If you have the ablility shoot everything and see what works best for your given uses of the bow. I wouldn't dare shoot bananas big game hunting b/c they are so damn noisy same w/ flu flu's.

Understand what I'm getting at? It depends what you are doing and what setup you have.

#26 ·
why? i have no problem with them. mine aren't noisey at all, plus with the weight of the arrow itself seems to cut down on the noise as well.
From my experiences they are noisey LOL...I've shot em and a buddy of mine shoots em at all the 3Ds and man I wouldn't dare bring them in the woods. Those things howel (sp?) down range!!

But maybe just out of his/our setup?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.