New Jersey Hunters banner

Trail Camera Security Box Review...Pics

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  JJoe 
#1 ·
I asked about a security box on NJH for my Moultrie D55-ir. Several people referred me to http://www.camlockbox.com/ . This site makes camera specific security boxes. I bought the box on sunday night 10/3 and it was delivered yesterday 10/6. The security box is well made and the camera fits perfect inside. It costs around $60 and it comes with a masterlock python cable. I just wanted to thank the members that gave me the site info and do a little review for people looking for a trail cam security box.

See less See more
#4 ·
Beware!!!!!!!!! I got busted by National Park Service to the tune of a $130 fine for screwing my camera and security box into a tree as it is illegal to what they say "break the bark" on any trees on Park Service land. You may attach with the cable however.

PS: and remember, the security box defends against nosy critters but if a person wants to steal it bad enough they,re going to take it

#5 ·
I have a similare set up for my I40's though I actualy modified the security boxes by drilling 3/4" holes in the bottom on each side, and I run the python cable through the interior of the box. I attache tyhe box to the tree with a regular ratchet strap, then lock the box with a hardened lock with the python cable through the inside out the bottom, and locked around the tree. All in all a nice set up that has been theft free (cross my fingers) for several years

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.