NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    My buddy just bought a crossbow. we were looking at broadheads and some say they are for crossbows. Is there really a difference. does he need to buy the specific broadheads or he can use whatever.

Member #
    Pretty much the same. Some manufactors are pushing 125 grain broadheads and if you use mechanical broadheads some may need to be double banded. I use 100grain muzzys in my xbow and compound.

Non Typical
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I shoot thunderheads and like them, very durable. I shot a mechanical (honestly forget what brand) in the spring for turkey and found them to not hold up.

Member #
    its just the broadhead manufacturers capatalizing on the market mostly. when using short arrows in your crossbow having foward weight will help accuracy so thats why you see them pushing 125-s and excaliburs 150-s. 100 grain heads you use with your compound bow can work just fine but you need to try first. with mechanical heads there are claims about the faster crossbows are making them open up before hitting target.either way you should sacrifice a broadhead or 2 to check to see where there hitting. you also may need to invest in a good crossbow foam target to shoot the broadheads into. also if you need a way to discharge your crossbow at the end of the days hunt you can use a 5 gallon bucket filled with old towels or rags. works great! make sure you keep a spare arrow with a field point on it. dont discharge with broadheads.

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    with a crossbow you have to use 3006 bullets
    i pay to hunt here....do you "pay to hike here"

the 2nd ammendment is more important than the 1st..."have you ever tried to talk yourself out of getting robbed?"

The forest is one big food plot

Non Typical
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Is there really a difference.
    No.

does he need to buy the specific broadheads or he can use whatever
    You will get the best accuracy with ones that have no more than 1" diameter, like the 4 blade slick tricks or the 4 blade muzzys.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Has anybody tried the g5 t3 broadheads for either bow or xbow, i shot both and iam looking for 1 mechanical broadhead that works well with my dxt and equinox.Any imput would be welcomed

Member #
    Crossbow broadheads often are heavier. For example the xbow slick trick is 175 grains. I like to use 100 grain Rage's out of mine and put a piece of scotch tape from one blade to the other so they don't open in quiver or in flight. This past season I shot a turkey with the xbow with a rage broadhead. it's neck was hanging by a hair... My parker is designed to shoot hundred grain heads as the muliretical is designed in ten yard increments assuming a 100 grain head.
    No matter what happens, whether you succeed or not, if you stand up and do it right and pay attention, hunting will always give you what you need. It may not be what you were looking for, but it will absolutely be important enough to justify whatever you did to get it.”
    Edison Marshall

Member #
    You will get the best accuracy with ones that have no more than 1" diameter, like the 4 blade slick tricks or the 4 blade muzzys.
    Sonic pro's too!
    No matter what happens, whether you succeed or not, if you stand up and do it right and pay attention, hunting will always give you what you need. It may not be what you were looking for, but it will absolutely be important enough to justify whatever you did to get it.”
    Edison Marshall

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I was shooting rage but I was afraid of early deployment,the scotch is a good idea,was shooting a predator but now a equinox not as fast but more accurate more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors