Anyone with experience with Remington 750? In .243?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stevo

Thread: Anyone with experience with Remington 750? In .243?

Member #

Anyone with experience with Remington 750? In .243?

As title states, does anyone have any input/thoughts on their Remington Woodsmaster 750? Particularly in .243? I might be interested in buying or trading for one. I've heard/read a lot of negative posts on jamming/reliability issues as well as barrels wearing out, so I'm doing my homework.

Member #
    I worked on a 742 that the owner had problems with feeding. When he brought it to me he actually had a stuck round in the chamber. After clearing the round I found it had been fired. A thorough cleaning of the chamber showed it was very dirty. Like any auto loader proper maintenance is important. Unlike a bolt action there are many moving parts that need to be clear of even small amounts of dirt. The main culprit is over oiling. Oil is a magnet for carbon buildup and when heated it will turn rock hard. I used Hornady One Shot Case Lube to lube everything after the cleaning. It is used for lubing Brass Cases during re sizing in forming dies while re loading. It lubes but leaves no residue. He never had a problem again. I use it on all my auto guns.
    JimmyScags and LBI Surfrat like this.
    When all else fails..... call in an Airstrike

Member #
    Awesome tip. In your opinion then, the 750 (in .243) may be a good buy? Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have never seen nor heard of a .243 that won't shoot well. I think the new Remington's are hit or miss. You have a 50/50 shot at getting a good one these days. But it seems when you get a bad one it's BAD. Good luck.
    When all else fails..... call in an Airstrike

Member #
    Why do you want a 750 in 243? Why don't you tell us something about yourself? You are new here right?

Member #
    I think the caliber (.243) is a great one - I like the flat trajectory and low recoil - joints getting bothersome, particularly the shoulders. Joint condition and eyesight have caught up with me. The somewhat uniqueness of a semiauto hunting rifle interests me - I've gotta have some fun slightly out of the ordinary and the semiauto further helps in reducing recoil. Browning BARs are nice but pricier.

Sponsors