NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    BROADHEAD REVIEW- CARBON EXPRESS TORRID SS

2013 Winchester Quicksilver 31
    2013 Scorpyd Ventilator
    Straight'N Arrow Bow Slings
    vtarmynavy.com
    Arrowrap.com
    Lumenok

Member #
    Great video. Looks like so many other expandables. Do you think they are better and why?
    Enjoy life. It has an expiration date.

Member #
    I no you like these heads and talk about them quite a bit, so I tried them and found them to be the cheapest and dullest blades out of all the heads Ive tested. The blades actually broke off shooting into my rhinoblock after the 2nd shot. I mean any head works great if its in the kill zone, I just thought they were a really cheap head and extremely dull. Just my 2.
    "When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed over night" U.S. Marines.

Member #
    Only real difference between these and other expandables....price.....they're half the price of the others

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I no you like these heads and talk about them quite a bit, so I tried them and found them to be the cheapest and dullest blades out of all the heads Ive tested.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Great video. Looks like so many other expandables. Do you think they are better and why?
    Thanks, great results with them and they are half the price of similar heads.

so I tried them and found them to be the cheapest and dullest blades out of all the heads Ive tested. The blades actually broke off shooting into my rhinoblock after the 2nd shot. I mean any head works great if its in the kill zone, I just thought they were a really cheap head and extremely dull.
    You must have had a bad run/lot because I hunt woodchucks with them and they hit the dirt hard on the pass-throughs, every once and a while a blade will break but I would expect that from any expandable or even fixed blade head shot into the ground. They have been far from dull, must have been the pack you got.

Only real difference between these and other expandables....price.....they're half the price of the others
    $12.95 a 3 pack!
    2013 Scorpyd Ventilator
    vtarmynavy.com
    Arrowrap.com
    Lumenok

Member #
    $12.95 a 3 pack!
    I think thats the problem. I purchased 3 packs and they were all the same. Very cheap walmart junk. They are a one and done head and dont even come close to the quality of G5 heads or Magnus who will replace any damaged head with no questions asked. If they work they work for you but I would not boast about how great they are. Ive tested and researched a ton of expandables and after trying these heads I would not even think of using them on a deer.
    "When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed over night" U.S. Marines.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I think thats the problem. I purchased 3 packs and they were all the same. Very cheap walmart junk. They are a one and done head and dont even come close to the quality of G5 heads or Magnus who will replace any damaged head with no questions asked. If they work they work for you but I would not boast about how great they are. Ive tested and researched a ton of expandables and after trying these heads I would not even think of using them on a deer.
    Mallard, I posted a week ago a link for C'Mere Deer because they had a buy 1 get 1 free for Swhacker heads deal going on, I do not use them but I know guys do... now with this, I have had nothing but great results with the CX Torrid SS, I use them once or maybe twice (if it was a clean pass-through and the blades are in excellent shape and the head spins perfect) and then if I will not use them again, they go in the "woodchuck pile"... for $12.95 they are a no brainer, how much are the replacement blades on the heads you mentioned? If I posted about 2 different head manufacturers, that makes me unbiased, the head I use works great and I save money using it, just letting guys know and if they decide to try them, best of luck because I have had nothing but great results using them, nothing else is "gonna kill'em any deader!"
    2013 Scorpyd Ventilator
    vtarmynavy.com
    Arrowrap.com
    Lumenok

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    nothing else is "gonna kill'em any deader!
    Grim Reapers will Watch'em Drop!

Sorry, I could not resist

SS!
    "All that evil needs to Triumph is for good men and women to stand by and do nothing"

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    If they work they work for you but I would not boast about how great they are

Did you ever see a FA post where he wasn't boasting...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors