New Jersey Hunters banner

Trail Camera Security Box

3K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  acabtp 
#1 ·
Has anyone made a security box for your trail camera. I know its not fool proof but wanted to see if anyone has made something that prevented theft.

#8 ·
I made one out of a .50 cal ammo can .
It holds the camera and 12 volt battery pack.
6 inch lags to tree, cut out hole on side for lens / flash . The hinge for the lid is at the top and swings out sideways . [up]

#12 ·
i bought a electrical breaker box that 4 1/2 x 8 inches removed the breaker and grounding bar from it had to cut openings for the cameras lens took about 1 hr cost only 14.00 at home depot will lag bolt to tree then cable it around tree threw the door so box cant be opened .its a shame that there are so many scumbags out there in the woods that steal trail cams and stands

#13 ·
Yep bigger tree I thought a tree 26 incheas across was big enough had my box with a 3/8" chain welded to it chained to it because lags weren't allowed because that "damaged the trees" came back two weeks later someone cut the tree down and took the box with chain and the camera inside all they had to do was get the large padlock off and they got a great $300 set up[mad][mad]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.