Dog breeders, time to call the Governor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dog breeders, time to call the Governor

  1. #1
    Rack Buck chickinafoxhole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Member #
    6750
    Thanked
    22 times

    Dog breeders, time to call the Governor

    S3041 S3041 formerly known as S63/A2338 has passed both houses and is now on the Governor's desk. Dog breeders would have to register with the state with their name, physical address, and would have to report to the Dept. of Consumer's every year with a report of how many dogs they sold, and when.

    This information would be subject to Freedom of Information Act requests, and allow the antis to find your home and to know how many dogs you sold in the previous year. That should make breeders very nervous.

    Please call the Governor at 609-777-2500 and ask him to veto S3041. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Dominant Buck bushden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hamilton NJ
    Posts
    7,109
    Member #
    2897
    Thanked
    2319 times
    I just made the call and asked he VOTE YES for the bill. I am sure the well established breeders who operate their BUSINESS and pay taxes would be happy to see the backyard breeders regulated.
    BruinupaCup and Miller like this.
    HONOR THE FALLEN
    http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

    Over the years the United States has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

  3. #3
    Rack Buck chickinafoxhole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Member #
    6750
    Thanked
    22 times
    bushden, that's your right. Your experience may be with breeders who do operate a breeding business. Others on here might have received their most recent dog from friends, family, or long-term breeders that they have confidence in, especially in acquiring a great hunting dog. But many folks do that as a hobby, an avocation. The dogs live in their homes, in areas where a business would never be licensed, particularly not a kennel license. Those folks would have to make their name and physical address available to everyone who asked Consumer Affairs to provide it.

    Some years ago there was a proposal to have a public database of gun owners in NJ. The response was quick and strong. A lot of the opposition was due to privacy concerns. Across the country dog breeders have been robbed, assaulted, and even murdered.

    This isn't a business vs backyard breeder bill. This is an attempt to put all breeders at risk.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Fawn Lunatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    66
    Member #
    51713
    Thanked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chickinafoxhole View Post
    bushden, that's your right. Your experience may be with breeders who do operate a breeding business. Others on here might have received their most recent dog from friends, family, or long-term breeders that they have confidence in, especially in acquiring a great hunting dog. But many folks do that as a hobby, an avocation. The dogs live in their homes, in areas where a business would never be licensed, particularly not a kennel license. Those folks would have to make their name and physical address available to everyone who asked Consumer Affairs to provide it.

    Some years ago there was a proposal to have a public database of gun owners in NJ. The response was quick and strong. A lot of the opposition was due to privacy concerns. Across the country dog breeders have been robbed, assaulted, and even murdered.

    This isn't a business vs backyard breeder bill. This is an attempt to put all breeders at risk.
    I don't know enough about the bill, or the industry, to like or dislike this bill but on the surface I like it. Your comparison however, missed the mark. The bill has to do with regulating a business, a normal course of action, and your example has to do with making your personal info publicly available just because you have something. Big difference IMO.

    I am deplorable

  6. #5
    Rack Buck chickinafoxhole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Member #
    6750
    Thanked
    22 times
    Then I guess you will both be pleased when you can no longer find a puppy from a small home-based breeder who cannot maintain a business license in their residential neighborhood.

    For those who disagree and would like for that ability to contact a small, local breeder, please call the number listed above and ask that the Governor veto S3041.

  7. #6
    Dominant Buck rdfhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,436
    Member #
    742
    Thanked
    4238 times
    We don't need anymore regulation in the state until they regulate spending.. There is currently enough laws in regards to animal welfare that is garbage should even waste our legislator's time..
    The act of killing is visceral .......




  8. #7
    Fawn Lunatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    66
    Member #
    51713
    Thanked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chickinafoxhole View Post
    Then I guess you will both be pleased when you can no longer find a puppy from a small home-based breeder who cannot maintain a business license in their residential neighborhood.

    For those who disagree and would like for that ability to contact a small, local breeder, please call the number listed above and ask that the Governor veto S3041.
    As I said I don't have enough info to have an opinion or this one.
    Last edited by Lunatic; 03-21-2017 at 08:41 AM.

    I am deplorable

  9. #8
    Dominant Buck bushden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hamilton NJ
    Posts
    7,109
    Member #
    2897
    Thanked
    2319 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chickinafoxhole View Post
    bushden, that's your right. Your experience may be with breeders who do operate a breeding business. Others on here might have received their most recent dog from friends, family, or long-term breeders that they have confidence in, especially in acquiring a great hunting dog. But many folks do that as a hobby, an avocation. The dogs live in their homes, in areas where a business would never be licensed, particularly not a kennel license. Those folks would have to make their name and physical address available to everyone who asked Consumer Affairs to provide it.

    Some years ago there was a proposal to have a public database of gun owners in NJ. The response was quick and strong. A lot of the opposition was due to privacy concerns. Across the country dog breeders have been robbed, assaulted, and even murdered.

    This isn't a business vs backyard breeder bill. This is an attempt to put all breeders at risk.
    You got it wrong, the bill is not to stop the the guy who breeds his dog and sells to friends and family once its the 'BREEDERS" who breed repeatedly and sell to the public for a business, many of which sell animals that have been breed without health certifications and various genetic for the various breeds and do not run a business. There is no risk here unless you are a BACKYARD BREEDER BUSINESS !! And why should their name and address NOT BE AVAILABLE if the are operating a home business, they should be Licensed Businesses who pay taxes on the additional income and are responsible businesses
    Last edited by bushden; 03-21-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    HONOR THE FALLEN
    http://thefallen.militarytimes.com/

    Over the years the United States has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

  10. #9
    Rack Buck chickinafoxhole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Member #
    6750
    Thanked
    22 times
    Sorry bushden, you're the one who has it wrong. This has nothng to do with how well or how often a person breeds, and absolutely everything to do with making people's personal information available to the antis who love nothing more than harassing those folks who breed dogs.

  11. #10
    Dominant Buck rdfhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,436
    Member #
    742
    Thanked
    4238 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bushden View Post
    You got it wrong, the bill is not to stop the the guy who breeds his dog and sells to friends and family once its the 'BREEDERS" who breed repeatedly and sell to the public for a business, many of which sell animals that have been breed without health certifications and various genetic for the various breeds and do not run a business. There is no risk here unless you are a BACKYARD BREEDER BUSINESS !! And why should their name and address NOT BE AVAILABLE if the are operating a home business, they should be Licensed Businesses who pay taxes on the additional income and are responsible businesses
    the law is written such to confuse ppl and it worked with you ..
    The act of killing is visceral .......




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dog breeders or anyone bred their dog?
    By bfd300 in forum General Comments & Information
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 12:25 PM
  2. Jackson dog breeders
    By chickinafoxhole in forum Political Action, Tools, and Information
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 08:41 AM
  3. Dog breeders take note!
    By chickinafoxhole in forum Political Action, Tools, and Information
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2016, 09:20 AM
  4. Dog breeders FYI
    By NJHUNTSMAN in forum General Comments & Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 09:29 PM
  5. Dog breeders
    By JerseyJay in forum General Comments & Information
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM