Say "Magazine limit" not "Magazine ban", and "Gun responsibility" not "Gun Control"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Say "Magazine limit" not "Magazine ban", and "Gun responsibility" not "Gun Control"

Member #

Say "Magazine limit" not "Magazine ban", and "Gun responsibility" not "Gun Control"

It seems the liberal anti-gun terminology will soon change, quicker than you can say "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming" - taken from a hideously anti-gun tear-jerking Newtown story in the Washington Post today.

The Bardens had already tried to change America’s gun laws by studying the Second Amendment and meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office. They had spoken at tea party rallies, posed for People magazine and grieved on TV with Katie Couric. They had taken advice from a public relations firm, learning to say “magazine limits” and not “magazine bans,” to say “gun responsibility” and never “gun control.” When none of that worked, they had walked the halls of Congress with a bag of 200 glossy pictures and beseeched lawmakers to look at their son: his auburn hair curling at the ears, his front teeth sacrificed to a soccer collision, his arms wrapped around Ninja Cat, the stuffed animal that had traveled with him everywhere, including into the hearse and underground.

And then there's this little beauty...

Natalie had suggested something that Mark and Jackie thought was simple and beautiful: Why not collect all the guns and bury them at the bottom of the ocean, where they would rot and decay? They had encouraged her to write a letter to the president about her idea, which she had done: “My name is Natalie Barden and I wanted to tell the president that only police officers and the military should get guns,” she had written.

But the past five months had taught Mark and Jackie that simplicity and innocence didn’t work in politics.
    Try as he may, the liberal Washington Post writer cant hide his affection for how "cute" the child's idea of everyone being forced to turn in their guns is.

After Newtown shooting, mourning parents enter into the lonely quiet - The Washington Post

Member #
    I tried reading the article, but I can't get through more than half of it before puking. I can't tell whether it's a "news" article, a misplaced editorial, or an essay by a moody and "deep" high schooler.

Here's good paragraph:

"What was the meaning of the anger he felt lately while shopping at Costco, hoping one of the strangers in the aisles might be a gun nut who would recognize and approach him, so he had an excuse to shout back?"

Watch out, gun nuts. Keep your heads low and hide the NRA logos. There are people who are just waiting for you to "make their day."

The comments section is even worst. The saddest thing is that lots come from gun owners Here are the first two on the list:
    "
    ...Being a gun owner as well, I feel angry at NRA. There is nothing wrong with background checks or limit on how many one can buy in a given time. Just like driver's license, gun ownership is not a right but a privilege. If it was a right then felons are also Americans and should be allowed to own one. Mentally challenged people are also Americans and should be allowed to get them. Just like we regulate driver's license and we revoke them, suspend them or not allow certain people to have them, same should go for guns. "

And after that:
    "

It is all about responsibility. I own an AR also but I bought it for fun and target shooting only. It stays disassembled in 2 pieces at any given time. If an intruder breaks into my house, I can only fire one gun so why would I need dozen. To the gun huggers, please don't use the logic that we might need to overtake our country someday. Our military will kick every one of your rear ends 6 ways from Sunday no matter how many guns you stockpile; your arsenal merits a 3rd world small militia at best. So arming yourself with fully automatic weapons and handguns to fight against your government doesn't justify your God-Given right to bear arms."

I hope these are the last pathetic, attention begging death throes of a movement sinking into obscurity.

Member #
    And how many people ..... work for how many weeks .... to come up with the right words for Wayne LaPierre to say?

I cut these parents a lot of slack.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    IMHO no matter how you cut it.....the BS all means one thing.To try and infringe where they don't belong.
    kmtpr likes this.

Member #
    IMO, Something wrong with these people constantly going after Legal law-abiding gun owners. IF I lost a child, I would be Too distraught to travel all over the place and I would Never be so callous as to Exploit my dead child, or anyone close to me, Period!! These people are Only pushing liberal agenda and are Not the least bit concerned as to Who commits such crimes.
    tangy003 likes this.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

NRA Life Member

Member #
    @ kmtpr.....looks like we're on the same page here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kmtpr View Post
    ... IF I lost a child, I would be Too distraught to travel all over the place and I would Never be so callous as to Exploit my dead child, or anyone close to me, Period!! These people are Only pushing liberal agenda and are Not the least bit concerned as to Who commits such crimes.

I wrote this in response to Jubal Jim's attack on a Sandy Hook parent:

Honestly, I don't even know what I would do. with a video playing over and over in my mind ..... of my little boy's or little girl's last seconds of life? Think about it, what was that like? Or the sight of viewing her bullet riddled body stuck in your head? Would I go insane? Would I put a bullet into my own head? Would I lash out, and talk about more background checks, or magazine limits, or something?

I don't know. I'm not living his never-ending nightmare.

Is there an old Indian saying .... (paraphrasing) "Walk a mile in a man's moccasins before judging him." Or, did Hollywood make that up?

Member #
    gun ownership is not a right but a privilege.
    This dud has it bassackwards.

Government is privileged with power by the citizenry who have unalienable rights such as freedom speech and the right to bear arms.
    tangy003 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmine42 View Post
    I cut these parents a lot of slack.
    I did too.

I dont anymore.

Regardless of their unspeakable grief, what some (not all as it's being portrayed) of these approximately 20 people are now doing is attempting to deny the rights of 320,000,000 million people.

And when pondering the senseless deaths of 26 innocent people at Sandy Hook, please take some time to not forget the tens-of-thousands of Americans who died protecting the freedoms that make America special, and the grief that those tens-of-thousands of parents whose children died protecting said freedoms also endured.

Member #
    gun ownership is not a right but a privilege
    Is that what the Constitution according to Liberals says

approximately 20 people are now doing is attempting to deny the rights of 320,000,000 million people
    At this point they are radicals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors