NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
    Member #
    soundbite:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/0...x-immigration/
    By Jared A. Favole

President Barack Obama told a Hispanic audience that he has “another five years coming up” in his presidency and will use the time to push for an overhaul of the U.S. immigration system.

“My presidency is not over. I’ve got another five years coming up. We’re going to get this done,” the president said in an interview Wednesday with Univision Radio. The interview came ahead of the president’s trip to Florida Thursday to deliver remarks on energy policy and the economy and to raise money for his re-election campaign.

The Hispanic community has criticized Mr. Obama for doing little to carry out his promise to overhauling the immigration system. They have also taken issue with the Obama administration’s increase in deportations.

Mr. Obama said Republicans in Congress shoulder most of the blame for the lack of progress in changing the country’s immigration laws. “Unfortunately, the Republican side, which used to at least give lip service to immigration reform, now they’ve gone completely to a different place, and have shown themselves unwilling to talk at all about any sensible solutions to this issue, and we’re going to have to just keep up the pressure until they act,” he said.

He also criticized Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. “So far, have we haven’t seen any of the Republican candidates even support immigration reform,” the president said. He continued, “In fact, their leading candidate said he would veto even the Dream Act, much less comprehensive immigration reform.”

The Dream Act would grant permanent-resident status to undocumented immigrant students who completed some college or military service. Mr. Romney has called the act a “handout.”

Latinos, who generally lean Democratic, will play a crucial role in the election in states such as Florida and Virginia. Mr. Obama said he doesn’t think the choice for Latinos will be difficult.
    If only Jack O'Connor had written about the .270's effectiveness on Zombies, he might be known today as a decent gun scribe, and that cartridge might enjoy more widespread use...

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I puked when I heard that

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    What people will do for power, even disregard their own country.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "Beagles and shotguns"
    Ducks Unlimited
    NRA

Super Moderator
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Mr. Obama said Republicans in Congress shoulder most of the blame for the lack of progress in changing the country’s immigration laws.
    Gee he ONLY had both houses for 2 years and what did he do with it?
    5 years to go sounds like he thinks the fix is in.
    Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
    Benjamin Franklin

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
    Benjamin Franklin

Dont mess with me I have a device, in my pocket that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man!
    I use it to watch waterskiing squirrels and get in arguments with strangers.

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    If he gets re-elected we can say good bye to the Second Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights. Two more SCOTUS appointments like Kagan and Sotomayer will insure that.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    If he gets re-elected we can say good bye to the Second Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights.
    I think he will try to put the squeaze on us, but I am pretty sure he won't be able to accomplish such a act, at least I hope he would be impeached for violating the constitution he swore to uphold. Anyways who said that shithead was gonna win anyways. I hope he realizes it will be a civil war, and his kind don't like guns.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "Beagles and shotguns"
    Ducks Unlimited
    NRA

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I heared him say and I quote " I deserve to be re-elected" as if he's entitled to it!
    Hunt with a Vizsla, Cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog!

Bass caught in 2014 12"-up. 46

4 pounders..2
    5 pounders..0
    6 pounders..0

Member #
    He wasn't so confident in the beginning of his administration
    If only Jack O'Connor had written about the .270's effectiveness on Zombies, he might be known today as a decent gun scribe, and that cartridge might enjoy more widespread use...

Sponsors