NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Myself, three friends, and my lab hit Powderbourne yesterday....had 20 pheasants put out, only brought home 10 We found and flushed 18 however, the fields were so high, shooting was tough...some areas were over our heads high, so that resulted in many misses! Haven't been to powderbourne in a few years, and I know that there were some NJH members that had issues last year, so I thought I would post an update and let everyone know that yesterdays experience was pleasurable. It felt good to get out there for the first time this year and get the dog some work, however, it will be nicer when the weather cools down and the fields start to thin a little bit. For whatever reason, the birds yesterday were mostly runners, which was great with a flushing dog. In the past at various preserves, the birds sit tight and have to be kicked to flush....yesterday's pheasants were running hard and some flushed wild 50-60 yards ahead of us and the dog. Made for a fun day, sorry I have no pictures, maybe next time!

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Nice. I may be going next week

Member #

Member #
    Good Luck if you go Angel. Another place that I went last year is right in Blairstown/Columbia called Brook Hollow Shooting Preserve. Right down the road from me, and not as inexpensive as Powderbourne, but the cheapest I have found in NJ, and Don is a great guy. I chose powderbourne because of the No license thing, since one of my friends was his first time hunting, and one of the other friends was from PA and would need to buy a NJ lic to hunt here.

Member #
    I know that there were some NJH members that had issues last year,
    I glad you had a good experience,I will never go back there after the way we were treated.
    there loss,I used to take my buddys father & his friends and spend $600 a pop plus eat there to.
    the owner tell me to f-off. He can f-off Ill spend the money at local farms.
    In the past at various preserves, the birds sit tight and have to be kicked to flush....yesterday's pheasants were running hard
    The guy who put them out last time I was there he spun the birds so hard he killed them they were on there sides the guy new he was wrong but let his boss curse out a customer.The sad part I tipped the guy after he put the birds out.
    "In a civilized...country wild animals only continue
    to exist at all when preserved by sportmen.The excellent people who protest against all hunting ...
    are ignorant of the genuine sportmen is by all odds the most important factor in keeping...wild creatures
    from total exermination." Theodore Roosevelt.

Appalachian Bowmen. GBH

Member #
    Tika, yeah I remember your story, and honestly was kind of hesitant about going there as well. I kind of had to choice, since one on my friends live in Pa and has a PA license, and the other has no license at all. I have only been there twice, and luckily I have had pleasant experience. They are definitely not overly friendly, but the price is hard to beat, and yesterday the birds were running, large, and strong flyers, so I can't really complain. If I had an experience like you did, I would definitely not every go back there.

Not sure where you live, but I am in Warren County, and have been going to Buttonwood for close to 20 years and have never had a bad day or experience there. Gail goes out of her way to accommodate your needs. Also, Brook Hollow (although I only went once) was good as well, and Don was a pleasure to talk to.

Member #
    we go to gibersons a lot,We shoot quail there.I been to most of them.They are cheap & not overly friendly.
    I hear yeah thats the same reason we started going their you didnt need a license.
    "In a civilized...country wild animals only continue
    to exist at all when preserved by sportmen.The excellent people who protest against all hunting ...
    are ignorant of the genuine sportmen is by all odds the most important factor in keeping...wild creatures
    from total exermination." Theodore Roosevelt.

Appalachian Bowmen. GBH

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Bird hunting when nearly 80 degrees?? as much as I love it it's not even thought with this weather. Heck, I even passed on deer-hunting this weekend.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Treat fellow hunters the way you would like to be treated.

NRA member

Member #
    ive been there probably 8-10 times all positive experiences, i wouldnt shy away guys they give you good bang for the buck birds are always decent, i like the weekday specials too good incentive

TJC
    Member #
    I miss not being able to run out there and give the dogs a little work and bring home some phez.

There is only 1 preserve type setting up near me now and it's over an hour away. The next one is over 2.5 hrs away.

My experiences at PB were always good ones.
    "A bad day of hunting is better than a good day of work"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors