NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Sandy Hook Surf

Member #
    I would like to get into some Stripers/Bluefish. Never been to Sandy Hook since it is so far for me to drive. Need a change of scenery. I am from Woodstown, down in South Jersey. I am getting strung out chasing stocked trout and stripers in the Delaware bay/river. Could anybody give me advice on where to park, and what side would be best to fish bay or ocean side? Looking to spend the day so tide cycle shouldn't be an issue. What are the fishing crowds like there on the weekends? Don't want to burn anybody's good spot just need to get my foot in the door.

Member #
    If you're there early with a fishing pole you will not have to pay, but if the fishing lot is full you will either pay or leave. Try "K" Lot, it's a long walk to the tip of the "hook", but it's worth it if you're gonna spend a few hours there! Good luck

Member #
    K lot is good but it is a very long walk. Also I think it is the first parking lot on the right after the fishing lot, If you drive up a little further there are rocks to fish off. I launch kayaks from the parking lot and see people catch fish from the rocks often. I troll by the crab nets and have a lot of success there.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    After Memorial Day forget the weekends unless you're in by 9:00 am. Bennies are everywhere as rude as can be.

Fish can be caught all over and depends on day, tide, etc. On the bay side there is horseshoe cove which is pretty good early in the season. There is also a point a lot of guys walk out to which gives good access to the main current in the bay. Ocean side; K lot leads to the most secluded beach but it's a long walk. The fishing beach (lot F I think) is really a short walk if you get there early enough to park close. Gunnison Beach is a clothing optional beach. So if you're into fat ugly naked people...well I guess that would be up to you!
    NAVHDA Del-Val
    Pheasants Forever
    TU
    UBNJ

"While even the ethical hunter may never enjoy the full approval of the non-hunting public, the public may at least tolerate them. And as public awareness of the hunter's significant role in conservation increases, anti-hunting sentiment may recede.

Sponsors