New boat - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New boat

Member #
    Nice Tin boat. Loads of fun with that. For saltwater choose your days right and you will enjoy a smaller vessel experience. I have owned great boats like that.;14-to-19 foot. You have to listen to the Marine Forecast on wave heights and winds really close when planning your day( as check Day prior) Yeah even in the Bays. Days with 1-2 foot waves ...you better be out there. Days can be flat as a lake or BLOW and be whitecaps. Weekdays should be better for you with less boats hassles and wakes on you. Drive down to Shark River Inlet access point...nice new ramp and good stretch of Fluke River. If its calm you can peak easily out in the open water past the Ocean 2 nd. Bridge for awhile and see the coast. Good Luck, See you out there.
    Mallard1100 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassvbuck View Post
    Nice Tin boat. Loads of fun with that. For saltwater choose your days right and you will enjoy a smaller vessel experience. I have owned great boats like that.;14-to-19 foot. You have to listen to the Marine Forecast on wave heights and winds really close when planning your day( as check Day prior) Yeah even in the Bays. Days with 1-2 foot waves ...you better be out there. Days can be flat as a lake or BLOW and be whitecaps. Weekdays should be better for you with less boats hassles and wakes on you. Drive down to Shark River Inlet access point...nice new ramp and good stretch of Fluke River. If its calm you can peak easily out in the open water past the Ocean 2 nd. Bridge for awhile and see the coast. Good Luck, See you out there.
    Great advice Cass. I actually miss my old tin can. Things were simple although wet. Lol
    Cassvbuck likes this.
    "When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed over night" U.S. Marines.

Member #
    Thanks yeah, i figured shark river would be pretty decent, I was unsure if I could go through the inlet on a nice day and stay a close distance to the coast. My cousin has a 31' he said sometimes that inlet could get real hairy so I was unsure. I don't know much about saltwater fishing but I bought a bunch of bucktails, teasers, and gulps. Planning on doing a high low rig, and figure maybe fluke and stripers. They're what I plan to pursue...Name:  IMG_3997.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  108.4 KB
    Cassvbuck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Nutley needs to be Director of Photography on this site. We will enjoy it better.

Member #
    Advice is when the Yammi craps out, get an Etec 40hp. This will save you some fuel and a lot of maintenance and make the boat perform better. That being said it should perform fine with any 40hp outboard
    Cassvbuck likes this.

Member #
    If your interested have 600 denior fabric that i took off my 16 ft tin boat. All sewed up for rail and snaps for the gunwale. $100 Had it custom made at a fabric shop.

Member #
    Raritan river, back of the bay, and keyport area will get you into plenty of good fishing safely. and give you alot more area than you get in shark river.
    shark river can also be alot of fun for fluke fishing, but you wont get the variety of striped bass, blue fish etc that you get in the bay
    ithaca10 and Cassvbuck like this.

Capt.Dan Bias

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhunter View Post
    Advice is when the Yammi craps out, get an Etec 40hp. This will save you some fuel and a lot of maintenance and make the boat perform better. That being said it should perform fine with any 40hp outboard
    Amen...Love my Etecs.
    tarhunter likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors