New Jersey Hunters banner

Record Buck Illegally Killed in Ohio...Poacher Caught.

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  nb6624 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It does seem dumb that he thought he would get away with it....He had 10 previous violations!! Like they weren't going to notice? [wallmad] Heckuva Buck.

#4 ·
Damn, I was going to Ohio to hunt him this year! :D Guess I'll have to get his bigger brother. Guy got what he deserved.

#7 ·
Nope. Come on in Brotha!

#11 ·
#13 ·
im glad they took away his hunting privileges for life!

too bad he'll probably just poach now
If that was my land and i was hunting that buck,
penalty doesnt fit the crime...

he deserves alot of jail time...

#15 ·
by a poacher, a ten-time repeat offender.
he was already "pro staff" for a TV website
"He never showed a lot of remorse…he was clearly more afraid of going to jail than killing a big deer out of season."
The only good part of the story is that he did get caught. He will be back poaching soon. He is only banned in 34 states! More than likely he'll go somewhere where he can "legally" setup and run amuck again until he gets busted and then hopefully they lock him up.
I think that poaching happens much more frequently than the average public knows about. If it is held close to the vest it is nearly impossible to detect. When the poacher or someone close to them starts shooting their mouth off or they get sloppy, the odds of catching them goes up dramatically.

#17 ·
exactly, if hes not obeying the laws now and they say "you cant" hunt anymore" DUH its all poaching know, whats the difference.
I agree, but I think the difference is now he barely escaped significant jail time here. Probably knows htat next time he will not be so lucky. Off to the stoney-lonesome for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.