FID and pistol permit turn around time. County, Town, and time. - Page 99
Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: FID and pistol permit turn around time. County, Town, and time.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtrails View Post
    A Prosecutor is never involved. The Chief of Police is who signs off on it. He is lying to you.
    That's what I thought. So what is he talking about? Why didn't he just say he had to take it to the chief of police to review it then? And then today he says that he was going to follow up with some supervisor to review it and then call me back. And he never called me back. What do you think is going on? Should I call again tomorrow?

Member #
    Sorry to hear that Cyrus, as you know I am also in Newark , Essex county, I was shocked to get the call today that my 3 p2p were ready to be picked up after only 35 days, 5 weeks to the day. Beretta 8045 Cougar and Dan Wesson 1911 .45 , still not sure what Im going to buy with the third permit ... by the way me and my friends call the permits to purchase "golden tickets" So as far as Im concerned Newark is doing a good job although it seems they are giving Cyrus the run around

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffdds View Post
    Sorry to hear that Cyrus, as you know I am also in Newark , Essex county, I was shocked to get the call today that my 3 p2p were ready to be picked up after only 35 days, 5 weeks to the day. Beretta 8045 Cougar and Dan Wesson 1911 .45 , still not sure what Im going to buy with the third permit ... by the way me and my friends call the permits to purchase "golden tickets" So as far as Im concerned Newark is doing a good job although it seems they are giving Cyrus the run around
    Congrat on getting your golden tickets Jeff. Did the detectives name begin with an S? Yeah I was following your original comments very closely and was hopeful to get mine same time as you. I even paid $500 to a lawyer to write a letter to include in my initital application stating that there no should be issues with my application that should prevent me from getting a firearm just to be on the safe side. 66 days in the detective called me and said everything was good except that I needed a letter from the doc which I provided the following week so it's obvious that it's my mental health disclosure that is holding me up, I just don't know why he would say it needs to be seen by a prosecutor, and the doc completely cleared to posess firearms. 3 weeks ago he said the file should be closed "in 3 weeks" and today was exactly 3 weeks and now he's saying the "prosecutor" was on vacation and hasn't even had a chance to review the letter. Said he would call me by end of the day. Never called.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I didn't catch the Detectives exact name but it was not Sanders, I think I know who that is, may have been the guy that was behind the desk the day I dropped my app off . It was a quick call, just confirmed who I was said my stuff was ready . Im sure it was quicker for me this time because I already got my FID last year . Good luck i got my fingers crossed for you

Member #
    Well I called today and talked to an officer who said he is going to check into it and get back to me withing 30 mins or so that was an 1hr and half ago lol. So i will give him till the end of tommrow to call then call again Thursaday.

Member #
    OldBridge - Middlesex county
    24 days !!..Quickest turn around in the 10 years I've been applying ..
    Last edited by vince66; 04-11-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Member #
    Northfield
    2 handgun permits....28 days
    Men fight for freedom, then they begin to accumulate laws to take it away from themselves... freedom is NEVER free, freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed -- President D. D. Eisenhower

Member #
    OK I called 2 days later and again was told its on the top of the pile on a detectives desk but they were out on training that day and she would have him call me so that was 4/13 as of yet no call. So am gonna call again tomorw 4/18 and request a meeting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusthegreat View Post
    That's what I thought. So what is he talking about? Why didn't he just say he had to take it to the chief of police to review it then? And then today he says that he was going to follow up with some supervisor to review it and then call me back. And he never called me back. What do you think is going on? Should I call again tomorrow?
    Call every day. Be polite but write down dates, times and names he tells you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowShu View Post
    Collingswood NJ, new resident and dropped off my firearm ID paperwork at the local PD 3 weeks ago. This is my first application for NJ for anything firearm related. Previous Delaware resident with legal guns from there. Front desk officer said to leave the main paperwork but to hang on to my mental health part for when I call and schedule a meeting with the officer. Once I meet with this officer then I bring my mental health info and then get my fingerprints done. Seems bizarre. Either way I did it about 3 weeks ago and called that day left a message and have not heard anything from the officer. My 2 personal references didn't receive anything in phone or mail either. I'm guessing I have to follow up again via call and if nothing in a few days go talk to someone in person.
    Mental Health Consent form needs to be witnessed and signed by the witness as well

Sponsors