New Jersey Hunters banner

using deer corn to make moonshine

16K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  madeinuk 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried it? I know JD uses #1 kernal corn but just curious...

#3 ·
[wallmad]

#7 ·
Corn is more work then sugar and doesn't taste as good. Sugar is easier. Sugar ,water, yeast. Let it ferment then cook it. Not hard so I am told. I tasted it once and liked it. Corn you have to put in a sack then sprout it then clean sprouts off then grind or mash then add yeast and ferment. Only going by what I heard

#10 ·
i think the government has more more important things to worry about than this question don't you? running moonshine in the 20s and early 30s is a part of the culture of the appalachian mountain areas...and those who were involved learned a great deal about the distallationary process...so i was just looking for information...catfish thanks for the info i understand the differences between sugar and corn looking for a comparision between different corns and processing corns or any information related...thanks

#11 ·
if your running a pot still, corn will give a carry over flavor. it is for whiskey.
if your running a reflux still and trying to get a neutral, don't bother with corn. there are cheaper ways to make fuel.
if you are making fuel, you have to register your still.

#12 ·
Also if you use corn, better get some glyceran (spelling). That will smooth it out for you. With sugar you only need a small amount when ran at the right temps I am told

#13 ·
i think the government has more more important things to worry about than this question don't you?
No. The govenment has unlimited capasity to "F" over anyone they want and they CAN do it to anyone that is activly avoiding taxes.

#14 ·
what would be the difference between home brewing moonshine compared to wine and beer. Does the fact that it is a distilled spirit make it evil. or is it that you are not paying taxes on it? last i checked homemade wine and beer werent taxed and ive never heard of any1 getting jammed up for that. selling it may lead to trouble but for self consumption i see no issues here. PS if you do make some pm me i'd be happy to taste test the batches and ill keep tight lipped as to your location. [drinking]

#16 ·
PS if you do make some pm me i'd be happy to taste test the batches and ill keep tight lipped as to your location.
THIS from a guy who has as his avitar a pic of himself holding 2 bales of??? really now, but hey you guys can talk since it's just you two hangin on the net.[rofl]

#17 ·
THIS from a guy who has as his avitar a pic of himself holding 2 bales of??? really now, but hey you guys can talk since it's just you two hangin on the net.
that was only for personal use and i've since completed a program. [rofl] I'm local and NOT affiliated with the ABC. I'm harmless. just looking for a sample. If its good I may even get you a PBA card. [hihi]

#18 ·
Tune in next week folks when "I heard tell country customs and wisdom" covers "AnFo Bombs" (for prarie potholes that will fill up with ducks) and Meth lab site locating (Purly for avoidance purposes).:D

#21 ·
owning it isnt illegal, using it is, kind of like old cable scramble boxes they were leagl to own just illegal to use,,,

its illegal to make moonshing for 2 reasons, the first one is the obvious tax reason,,

the other reason is because unlike beer or wine making, if u mess up a batch with beer and wine all thatys gonna happen is you will have a nasty tasting product and might end up tossing it out,
with moonshine you mess up a batch and one of 2 things might happen, one you will die cause youve just made poison instead of shine, or u can mess up and have the thing blow up on you,,

not gonna say ive made shine before[spy] ;) but lets just say ive tried a few dufferent types of shine and my fav is the one made from the grape skins after making your wine,

as for the original question you can make spirits out of anything that will ferment,, [drinking][drinking]

#22 ·
It's always been about the taxes - google whisky rebellion
Makes you wonder why they don't just legalize and tax drugs...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.