New Jersey Hunters banner

Homemade trail camera security box

17K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Hunter322 
#1 ·
Well I had 2 cameras stolen last year and do not want it to happen again. I've been racking my brain for months on how to make a box. I finally found what i wanted with the least amount of welding and fabricating. The box is a little overkill, but hopefully lag bolts and 3/8 steal will stop some scumbag from stealing it. Only downfall is it will not stop someone from breaking the camera, but hopefully if they do I will get some pictures of them. I will be hanging it in the woods tomorrow so wish me luck. If it works well, then I may try better cameras in the future, but for now the $100 wildview is going to have to do....

All honest feed back is welcome[drinking]

See less See more
#9 ·
Jason,
A question for you...I assume the nut is welded on to the bolt and the lock holds the bolt in place so you can't pull it out?

If this is the case, a hacksaw may be able to cut the bolt where it meets the nut. The bolt will then slide out the other side.. Check it out..

#13 ·
I assume the nut is welded on to the bolt and the lock holds the bolt in place so you can't pull it out

Yes JJoe it is a welded nut. The piece was originally a cement anchor that we fabricated. I guess someone can cut it with a hacksaw, but I think it would take them a while. I figured the lock was the weakest point so that why I put it underneath so it would be harded for someone to mess with it. The box is not perfect, but hopefully enough to hold someone off for a while.

I may weld a sheild over the nut area to make it even harder.[hihi]

#14 ·
you are def serious about not gettin your cam stolen! Looks good let us know how it works out, if you spot someone in your area of the woods toting a torch around id go right to your cam! haha good luck[up]

#18 ·
It looks secure and a great job....it's too bad though that we have to resort to this to keep our stuff[down]

#25 ·
priceless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.