New Jersey Hunters banner

Noel Feather?

10K views 69 replies 18 participants last post by  319 
#1 ·
What ever happened to this guy? he was caught poaching some years ago, never heard another word about him since?

#4 ·
Noel was striped of his records because it was found out he had taken them in high fence preserves.20 some years ago I think it was. I knew him and liked him a lot but this is what trophy hunting does to men that loose control and money is involved.

#7 ·
I did I was going to hunt with him once. I had a lot of his stuff. Books and tapes and I really liked him. He was a rather cool guy.Now he wasn't the Wensel brothers or Judd Cooney but he was in his own breed.He always had the hottest women with him because he was a ladys man. He had to have the power. I felt bad when he got busted because I know several of those so called trophy men that have been involved in the same thing.Chuck Adams goes on hunts that animals are saved for him and no one else. How could the average me and you ever compete with those things.

#8 ·
I'm not saying any other names but you would really be surprized who has poached in the sence of the word.I was in the Safari Club for a few years and dropped out because of the B.S. I seen things and knew things that were really bad.The so called trophy hunters some of them will stop at nothing to get the biggest for a price.

#9 ·
I felt bad when he got busted because I know several of those so called trophy men that have been involved in the same thing
How could anyone feel bad for a Poacher...

Chuck Adams goes on hunts that animals are saved for him and no one else.
and this info you got on Chuck came from where? Chuck does allot of freeLand hunts..and if this is true why doesn't P&Y take his name out of the books.

#11 ·
Some hunters are not hunters they are merely shooters hidding behind the name of hunter. Even if you know some one and they take you out and put you in a spot are you the hunter or was the person who set you up the hunter? Oh you shot what ever you were after but were you the hunter?

#12 ·
Chucks hunts are free land hunts thats true. The guide takes him in and sets him up so is he the hunter or the shooter?. The elk he got the world record he was called to come in on it and he went in and shot it.Tell me where your game is and what size it is and I'd like to come in on you a shoot him too. I am not talking against Chuck but I am saying that he is set up.We do not have the same chance as these celebritys so how is that fair. I borders on whats fair and not.How would you feel if you were in the same area the week before and had an opportunity to shoot the elk chuck did and were told by your guide oh no that bull is Chucks elk.

#13 ·
Keller, Adams, and others are Invited to hunt a certain animal by outfitters, landowners,in order to publicize their hunting operation. Most of these Hunts are free of charge, or highly reduced in exchange for the coverage, and the clients it ultimately produces.
There is just too much money at stake in todays commercialized hunting world.

Noel Feather was just a victim of his own greed.

#14 ·
P & Y can only take for high fence or not fair chase if it is proven.Some times it depends on how much you pay a guide to keep his mouth shut and then it depends on if he does open his mouth what will he stand loose.I hope some day we will read the chronicles of a big game guide where the guide or outfitter comes clean with his episodes while guiding the dishonest.Each guide encounters it because they deal with human nature.If you have ever been on paid hunts you might have herd the stories. I know of stories my self I have herd and have kept quit.I have had P & Y measurers say to me to break a point off or sand down a long point to make book. I told them you can stick that book you know where. I would never do that, it takes away from the intergrity of the animal and the animal deserves that much I felt.

#15 ·
Gunny thats true but I felt bad that he was the one singled out because there were others.If the general public knew about it then so do the measurers and Guides and outfitters. Its big buisness. I have herd if you shoot a big enough deer to go way up in P & Y you could get 100,000.00 or more in endorcements. With that knd of money involved what happens greed.

#18 ·
I met him a few times at shows and think he knew quite a bit about hunting, he wasn't singled out, he was caught with the hand in the cookie jar. I think people in the business distanced themselves from him so that they would not be critiqued as well.

I have gonne on many hunts across the country and Canada, and I too have heard the stories. sooner or later another will fall. Like I said Hunting is BIG business now a days.

#19 ·
Noel was caught on Federal Park Lands, that is what did him in. As far as the big names hunting for animals that are saved for them, this is also, a false statement. Myles Keller, Chuck Adams, The Wensels Brothers, Jim Zumbo and Jim Shockey are some of the best hunter you will find. The hunt fair chase, the stand behind a code of ethics that is higher then that which most hunters stand. Not only do they have to follow the game laws, but also the laws governed by the Outdoor Writers Assocaition of America. I know because I am a member, I have their home phone numbers, I know their spouses by name and can call them for writing, field or research knowledge. That is what an association is supposed to do. The industry from a writers point of view is not as bad as most would believe. Like I said ETHICS is a very important issue with the writers you find in your magazines. The research they put in for an article would blow your mind. That is all I have to say.

Ryan

#22 ·
I "hear" this:

Noel shot a deer in the shipping pen of a game ranch
in MO. The ranch asked Noel if they should release it
so he could "hunt" it, he said no, it was too cold.
This was NO run-of-the-mill game farm buck, it was in
the 160's B&C. That was legal. Where he screwed up
was, he hauled it to another state to register it as a late season bow kill. They tired to get Federal
charges as he crossed a state line, but all they ever
got him on was illegal tagging & registring of the
deer in the state I think it was IL, but I could be
wrong. The fine was minor, like 2K, compared to the
thousands of dollars he lost in business (I still have one of his tapes)and having his name become a laughing stock.

#23 ·
I tried to say that in my post but some one was saying crucify him.
That would be ME, everyone knows how feel about Poachers I will not hide that... If this guy wasn't in the wrong, how come there is so many stories about him doing the wrong thing? He Poached therefore He's a Poacher. End of Story...

All Poachers are lower then ARA's.

#25 ·
Federal land see how the stories get started.It would have been legal for Safari Club records. I started to tell a story about one of the heros but erased it.Didn't want to scatter any ones idol.I was there in camp and a guide called attention to it.Best left untold. Evry ones entitled to there opinion until you find out differantly I quess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.