New Jersey Hunters banner

Noel Feather?

10K views 69 replies 18 participants last post by  319 
#1 ·
What ever happened to this guy? he was caught poaching some years ago, never heard another word about him since?

#27 ·
Did he poach the deer or not? He paid for it did he not!What he did wrong was against the rules of fair chase to get his name in the book for that animal. All he did was try to defraud Pope and Young. Gee I wonder if that would have been the only one in there like that ever.Go ahead and beleive that and I bet some where along the line you have a piece of the brooklin bridge too.Picked up deer off the street,Sheds,poaching,dishonest guides, the books filled with them. I know of a couple in there my self. I don't have any in P & Y my self and have come very close several times but no honest cigar. Bunch in Safari Club though.

#30 ·
THe Rules of Fair Chase I beleave in, As far as the way B&C, P&Y, SCI score the Game to me is wrong. Buckmasters does it right.
Who would then say F&W is right or wrong when they say legal hours are until 0423 as an example and you shoot at 0428hrs.. and get whacked for taking game after legal time...

rules are rules, you follow them ALL or try not to throw stones.

#33 ·
I have never Shoot before legal time or after legal time, I have always followed the game Laws in every State I hunted...to the Tee. If I see anyone that doesn't follow the laws I Call the Local C.O. or Police Station and give them the info.

I was with someone down in Texas and we where driving on a farm we where hunting doing some nite scouting the nite before opening day. The guy with me said " Stop and check out that buck with the spotlight" and I did then I heard the shot... You "*)(&%&^$&$#&$%#%" I said to him "what the hell... You shot it... you drag it back by yourself". When he got back there was 2 C.O. officers there waiting for him. To this day He can't get a hunting Lic. in any State... Should have been hung in My Book.

#34 ·
Give us your address so a metal can be sent to you.I don't know of any one in my life that has ever followed laws that closely regarding the shooting times. You are the first so you are highly ethical and are to be commended.I really mean that truefully.

#35 ·
Thank You Cat, Most of the time when I shoot any game it is well lit ( Sunrise or Sunset times ) I like to be able to see hair not just body when I shoot.

Give us your address so a metal can be sent to you
For what???

I feel that there should be NO short cuts in any of the game laws, shooting something 1 minute before/after legal time, gutshot a deer so it can die on someone else property ( some old farmers still do this )Shooting any game out of season ( like the day before or after and saying it was shot on the last day of hunting season.

#37 ·
This is directed to everyone to think about for a second.

Ever put a backpack on over your hunting license?

Ever put a jacket on over your hunting license?

Ever screw a bowholder into a tree you were in, on state land?

Ever move your downed animal, even just a little, before attaching a completed transportation tag?

Ever fill your tag out in pencil, due to the lack of a pen?

Ever UNKNOWINGLY walk within 450' of an occupied building with a nocked arrow or loaded firearm?

Ever taken off your orange when its mandatory to wear it, even if your just adding or subtracting layers of clothes?

These are all small things that could be considered breaking the game laws. For anyone to say they've NEVER broken one of them is unbelievable. Even if you havent broken one of these, Im sure there is one you have broken. Its impossible to be perfect.

Do you check your watch to the second when a 160" buck is standing broadside at 20 yards?

Oh man, he wins today, its ten seconds past legal shooting time....

I cant believe that...What if your watch is off? What if its fast? What if its slow? Are you a law-breaker?

What exactly defines a poacher? Is it simply someone who has broken a game law? (remember the questions above).

Is it someone who goes out of their way to kill animals? Night hunting, spotlight-jacking, illegal ammunitions, etc?

#38 ·
Ever put a backpack on over your hunting license? NO

Ever put a jacket on over your hunting license? NO

Ever screw a bowholder into a tree you were in, on state land? NEVER

Ever move your downed animal, even just a little, before attaching a completed transportation tag? ONLY TO GET SO I CAN PUT THE TAG WHERE IT NEEDS TO GO

Ever fill your tag out in pencil, due to the lack of a pen? NO, I ONLY GO IN THE WOODS WITH 3 PENS

Ever UNKNOWINGLY walk within 450' of an occupied building with a nocked arrow or loaded firearm? YES, BUT I HAVE THE LAND OWNERS OK TO DO SO

Ever taken off your orange when its mandatory to wear it, even if your just adding or subtracting layers of clothes? I LEAVE ON SOMETHING AS I TAKE OFF OR ADD CLOTHING

G
#40 ·
Matty your comparing night to day. Noel Feather KNOWINGLY BROKE THE LAW AND ETHICS WE ALL FOLLOW.
Ever put a backpack on over your hunting license? YES

Ever put a jacket on over your hunting license? NO

Ever screw a bowholder into a tree you were in, on state land? YES

Ever move your downed animal, even just a little, before attaching a completed transportation tag? YES

Ever fill your tag out in pencil, due to the lack of a pen? NO

Ever UNKNOWINGLY walk within 450' of an occupied building with a nocked arrow or loaded firearm? NO

Ever taken off your orange when its mandatory to wear it, even if your just adding or subtracting layers of clothes? YES, GUESS I WOULD HAVE TOO IF ADDING OR SUBTRACTING CLOTHES

These are all small things that could be considered breaking the game laws. For anyone to say they've NEVER broken one of them is unbelievable. Even if you havent broken one of these, Im sure there is one you have broken. Its impossible to be perfect.

Do you check your watch to the second when a 160" buck is standing broadside at 20 yards? NO

Oh man, he wins today, its ten seconds past legal shooting time....

I cant believe that...What if your watch is off? What if its fast? What if its slow? Are you a law-breaker? WATCH IS NEVER OFF

What exactly defines a poacher? Is it simply someone who has broken a game law? (remember the questions above). SOMEONE KILLING GAME WITHOUT PROPER LICENSES/TAGS, SPOT LIGHT, TRESSPASSING, OUT OF SEASON

Is it someone who goes out of their way to kill animals? Night hunting, spotlight-jacking, illegal ammunitions, etc?

#41 ·
Im not talking about Noel Feather, Im talking about people acting like anyone who breaks a game law is a poacher. Ridiculous...all I'll say is; NOBODY IS PERFECT. If you are, you arent looking in the mirror closely enough.

As for Noel Feather, he got what he deserved, and what so many of these other so called "hunting heros" deserve. To fall flat on their face for exploiting loop holes, and using game farms to "teach us how to hunt".

How can a guy that hunts penned deer teach calling tactics to people who hunt wild animals? How do they sleep at night realizing they are taking the money from regular working cl [no swearing please] people for something that is a farce.

Do they deserve to go to jail, or be hung, no. Because its no different than any other big corporation/business, etc.

I just dont think they do hunting right when they take advantage of the average hunter like that.

[down]

#42 ·
Ever put a backpack on over your hunting license
That is a tricky one. The regs call for you to display the license on your outter clothing. You could probably argue that a back pack is a bag, not clothing, and as long as your license is on your outter coat, you would be okay. I've done this many times and have encountered Conservation Officers who have said nothing about it, but just wanted to check my permit and license. Most often though, I hang my license on my bag while walking in, but it's not on my "clothing", so again, it could be a violation. But I do get your point Matty.

G
#44 ·
I hang my license on my bag while walking in, but it's not on my "clothing",
I always hang my license on my backpack, the reason for this was a few years ago, while walking out I came across my license on the forest floor, it may of have gotten torn off somehow while walking in

#46 ·
Im talking about people acting like anyone who breaks a game law is a poacher. Ridiculous...all I'll say is; NOBODY IS PERFECT. If you are, you arent looking in the mirror closely enough
I can't speak for others , But I have followed the games laws very closely. I am not perfect, but I also haven't broken any game laws either. The Game laws ( some are very stuped ) but are there to help us and to do it in away that is ethical. If you don't follow the laws to a tee, don't try and say others don't either.

#48 ·
Amen, Matty good for you.We have some metal obtainers on here that never broke one law.There's laws out there that we don't actually ever think of on a daily basis but they are still laws.The ones that talk the loudest are usally the ones that say oh no not me? Well im glad to know you guys that never broke the law. I confess I am guilty of some.But then I'm from Pa. we can get away with more over here.I broke laws out of state on hunts and wanted to turn my self in and the Outfitter said Oh no you don't leave it go.I had to leave a monster Mule deer in the bush in MT.once.I could tie up all your time telling these storys of 43 years in the bush.I been around some of you boys idols to.

#49 ·
Your right about slob hunters and I have to say what I said about the shells I have left them in the woods when I was younger. I have done things when I was younger that did qualify me for a slob hunter as well.I am sure I am not the only one to confess. I now try to do whats right in the past several years.

#50 ·
You have to love some of these clowns who talk about theses hunters like they know them. reading a guys book or being in a hunting camp with a guy doesnt make him your new best friend. I'm not saying Noel was right for what he did, in fact hes was wrong.. he broke the law but again a couple of you are clueless as to what he did. His animals weren't removed from Pope and Young because he poached them.

His enteries were removed because he broke The lacey act. He transported over state lines a deer that was shot on a preserve in one Missouri I believe( could be wrong) and he put a Ill. tag on it as if it was taken in Ill in the wild. Again, I may have the states wrong but that the basics of what he did.

As for Chuck Adams I laugh at guys like you Cat who spew that kind of crap... as if you know. I was in camp with him once years ago bear hunting in Quebec. (I'm not pretending to know him cause I was in camp with him he wouldnt even remember me )I will say he hunted the same stands as everyone else...go back and read that again...HE HUNTED THE SAME STANDS AS EVERYONE ELSE.

Give me a break.....its the same old case of a guy trying to build himself up by beating someone down whos not even around to defend themselves.

#51 ·
No one trying to beat any one down if you remeber I stood up for Noel. As for Chuck is he your idol it sure sounds like it. No worry though. I had a friend that was in camp before Chuck on his record elk and he offered the outfitter big money to shoot the bull and he was told no it's Chucks Bull and he will be here next week.As for Noels records they all weren't pulled out of the records? Are you sure? You can laugh your entitled.Doen't matter what act to be exact. If you think that anamals saved for certain people then you hunt with those outfitters. Its your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.