New Jersey Hunters banner

W.L. Gore Optifade Camo??

867 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  11pointer 
#1 ·
Ok just to start off I want to let everyone know that I am not affiliated with this company and this isnt spam.

I use to live in Delaware and W.L. Gore that makes the popular product Gore-Tex is based in Newark, DE. My dad saved an article in the local paper talking about a new clothing camouflage line called Optifade.

The article says Gore hired Tim O'Neill who is "the father of digital camo" and a Doctor who has studied animal vision for 20 years. They also used computer software so simulate what exactly a deer would see. They have quite a few pictures in the article and this stuff looks great.

The only reason im bringing this up is because I was thinking about buying new camo for christmas, but might wait for this to come out. The article says it will be out in May and in stores next year in late spring. Sitka and Bowtech are going to be the first two companies using the camo.

As of now it says they dont have a camo pattern for North Eastern deer hunters but should have it in the near future. Im sure it will be quite expensive because it is Gore and Sitka and Bowtech products arent cheap, but I might just wait and see.

I have some Gore products and really like them so I just wanted to see if anyone has any comments about it whether you heard about it or not?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.