New Jersey Hunters banner

Anyone make any goals for 08/09 deer season yet?

2K views 51 replies 41 participants last post by  Deadbolt 
#1 ·
after putting all my deer hunting gear away today i saw my Bear Tigercat recurve hanging in the garage. i shot it a few time but not enough to take it out to hunt. Well i just made my goal for next season. I'm gonna take my first deer with a recurve next season.

This past year i made a fishing goal. it was to learn and only fly fish for trout this season. i did that and i'm going to keep with it. putting that ultra light aside for another season.

so, did any of you guys make any goals for next hunting season yet? lets hear them?[up]

#3 ·
my goal in the offseason is too finally practice with the bear kodiak magnum my father past on to me and try and shoot my first deer with the recurve

#4 ·
yes- for last year, my goal was to kill my 1st deer w/ a bow- I got 2
this season my goal was to get my 1st buck- any size- I got a spike, a 4 and a 5 pointer
My goal for 08-09 is to get either a nice 6 or any 8 pointer with my bow. I got close this year a couple times but no luck

#5 ·
my goal in the offseason is too finally practice with the bear kodiak magnum my father past on to me and try and shoot my first deer with the recurve
well i'm in the same boat. my bear tigercat was my old man's. he dropped it off to me this year without me knowing it. good luck 11pointer!

#6 ·
thanks woj it will be a challenge and alot of practice i just hope i have the knack

#9 ·
Not only deer but I would like to get a bear (NY) with my Bear Grizzly recurve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.