Fluke 2017 saw this on another site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fluke 2017 saw this on another site

Member #

Fluke 2017 saw this on another site

Don't know if anyone has seen this, if its a dup i apologize. I'm not sure what states this would affect. Would like to know what everyone thinks. If this is a done deal 4 @ 19 doesn't seem terrible of course i would like it to stay the same as last year. Losing approx 3 weeks of fishing is what would really sucks.

CCW - UT, FL, AZ

Member:
    NRA
    NJ2AF
    TMR Hunting Club Sullivan Cty NY

Member #
    19" fish are mostly females. Dumb. To not have the season open for memorial day weekend. Dumb. Kills the business for party boats, Tackle shops , etc. Will be a lotta dead fluke in the bays come Tuesday. Crabs will be happy.
    georgecm and bfish25 like this.

Member #
    Skipping over memorial day weekend such a huge revenue weekend is just beyond terrible now they're out to hurt all fishing related businesses. And to boot the season is going to open on a Thursday which also doesn't help cause most people are at work. They should be hung by their b@$#s.
    LBI Surfrat likes this.
    CCW - UT, FL, AZ

Member:
    NRA
    NJ2AF
    TMR Hunting Club Sullivan Cty NY

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    bfish25, take a ride down to Fortescue, after the "one weakfish at 13 inches" was enacted they turned the place into a ghost town, most of the charter fleet are gone. The so called "experts" once again know what is best as evidenced by their take all the breeders limit. Will only hurt the bait and tackle shops, boat rentals and other small business, follow the $$$ to see who is benefiting from these stupid bullshit ideas, it ain't Joe Bluecollar.
    Last edited by pinecone50; 04-20-2017 at 04:15 AM.
    Give a begger a horse and they'll ride into hell everytime

Member #
    I don't believe this is written in stone yet. I still have my fingers crossed to stay status quo this year. Yes we do need some changes, but keeping only breeding females is not the answer.

Member #
    the amount of professional fishery stupidity continues to amaze me, year after year!! what kind of fishery managers would continue to support targeting the breeding class of a population!?!? and why would they not include one of the biggest weekends of the year for recreational fishermen!?!? a few theories could be...these managers are not even fishermen/women and don't spend any time on the water fishing for what they are in control of, ....these councils bow down to big money and political donations from the commercial sector,....they have no idea how to correlate their computer generated models to real life fishing economy, etc etc. States like Louisiana have had success with the redfish fishery utilizing slot limits, they should think about slots for fluke up here!!
    Mallard1100 likes this.

Member #
    Id rather a moratorium than this up and down bullshit.
    Atleast the charter boats, bait shops and people who rely on this fishery for their livelihood can make plans.
    palawman30 likes this.

Member #
    Maybe the plan is, and it looks that way, to eliminate fluke fishing. Moves like no fishing on a major holiday tells me they want the sport fishing industry to disappear and if they continue they will get their way. Once, not so long ago, I could walk from Sandy Hook to Brooklyn from boat to boat. I can now go to the tip of the hook on Saturday Afternoon and there are maybe 10 boats out there at the peak of the season. I used to anchor at Flyn'ss Knoll for the nigh and I would see hundreds boats around me. Now there are a handful if any. There used to be a flotilla of party boats coming around the hook AM and PM and now you are lucky to see 4.

I am deplorable

Member #
    As right now the regs stay the same as last yr till they set new season and time frames and nj approves them.
    All wet labs smell good!!!!

Member #
    NOT set in stone yet.....RFA is fighting tooth and nail
    a rising tide lifts all boats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors