Preventing your Camera from being stolen - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Preventing your Camera from being stolen

Member #
    I added a IPD to mine. If you don't disconnected the wire from the Mercury switch it sprays you with coon pee. Improvised Pissing Device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by makosnax View Post
    I've had good bucks show up, look at the camera and never come back. I think they can be just as alarming as a bait pile to the older bucks. I'm gonna try that this year.
    I had the same issue with the IR non black flash cams over bait ..
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Member #
    Name:  Screenshot_20170215-211438.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  57.4 KB found this....Just Google it for the swivel mount
    1190ftalt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190ftalt View Post
    Basically it's 1-4 inch x 1/4 eye bolt threaded
    1-4 inch x1/4 eye bolt with wood threads to screw into tree
    3- 3/8 x 1 1/4 fender washers (have to be fender or they will be to thick for 1 x 3/8 hex bolt )
    1- 1 inch x 3/8 bolt hex head
    1- 3/8 plastic nut maybe called lock nut
    - I then screw a l brack into back of the camera but I forgot one when I hung this camera so just screwed in to the 4 inch eye bolt, most cameras are 1/4 holes on back on less there metric, best thing to do bring camera to homedepot hardware isle and put it together , good luck
    Ps- this is not my idea , got it from a gentleman on this sight, hope I got the bolt description correct, it's nice to be able to swivel anyway you wAnt !Attachment 119001
    Thank you for parts list and guidance.

Member #
    little off to0pic but man i just had another ladder stand walk. im might gonna drill n tap a few zerk fittings on my next ladder stand and fill the rails and voids with synthetic red grease or at least caulks tubes of roofing patch. at least they will get all gooeyed up trying to take it apart. also thought to use some long self tapping metal screws and cut the heads off. that will make the sections impossible to seperate. i figure most people dont drive trucks with 15 foot truck beds so having them deal with the full length will probly be funzo.these people cant work hard and save 30-50 dollers and buy your own stand.
    1190ftalt likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Treestandman View Post
    little off to0pic but man i just had another ladder stand walk. im might gonna drill n tap a few zerk fittings on my next ladder stand and fill the rails and voids with synthetic red grease or at least caulks tubes of roofing patch. at least they will get all gooeyed up trying to take it apart. also thought to use some long self tapping metal screws and cut the heads off. that will make the sections impossible to seperate. i figure most people dont drive trucks with 15 foot truck beds so having them deal with the full length will probly be funzo.these people cant work hard and save 30-50 dollers and buy your own stand.
    what area ?
    The act of killing is visceral .......

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem Mag View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20170215-211438.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  57.4 KB found this....Just Google it for the swivel mount
    That's pretty much it , I screw a 39 cent right angle bracket into the back of the trail camera using 1/4 x 1/2 inch screw and a washer or 2 depending on the depth of the hole on the back of the camera, then I screw the swivel thing in the picture into the tree and just hook the angle iron ( already attached to the camera ) over the end of the 1/4 Inch eyebolt threaded which is in the up position with a nut screwed down a half inch and washer on top of that, then I put a washer on other side and a nut a tighten down ! Where I hunt I never see any one except during 6 day gun but i check all my 7 cameras every 2 weeks or so and NEVER worry they won't be there , also try to find a tree leaning so when your spiking it your able to rest on tree heading up, don't know if I made sense, good luck '

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisismyusername View Post
    Granted I think this will work, but $100 on a camera seems like a pretty fair compensation for not falling out of a tree and breaking your neck when that pine tree limb snaps. A good lock-box and some natural camouflage will work for me. If someone really wants that camera they are going to get it no matter what lengths you go to. We literally had a guy cut the tree down that one of our stands was in.
    Sounds like you don't hunt out of a tree stand, my point is if you climb up into a tree stand safely, using a safety belt what is so hard about climbing 15 feet using a safety belt, if a crook happened to look up and see a camera 15 ft in a tree, they would be impressed with the set up and then think to themselves I wonder how many other cameras this guy has up in trees that I just walked by and didn't see, good chance they will scratch there head and keep walking ! Like I said only had 2 guys in 5 years walk under them and they had there heads down and no idea , good luck !

Member #
    i have had very good success running the browning cams up higher at around 8-10' max. they actually cover a much larger area if you dont set them pointing at a steep angle. the key is to have a cam with a good detection range and the brownings have outshined any other cams i have used and it has been a bunch.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fish_hunter View Post
    i have had very good success running the browning cams up higher at around 8-10' max. they actually cover a much larger area if you dont set them pointing at a steep angle. the key is to have a cam with a good detection range and the brownings have outshined any other cams i have used and it has been a bunch.
    Your right about the angle, if you point it down at a spot you get very small coverage if you broadcast it out you get up to 100 ft out like this picture, I have been using bushnell because a bear ripped it off a tree and chewed it up, sent it back to them and ask if I could get a credit towards a new one ( this one was 3 years old and I had no receipt ) they said it was not fixable and sent me a new camera no charge ! Anyway what Browning camera do you recommend that you are using ?Name:  image.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  187.3 KB

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors