Replacement batteries for cordless screw gun?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By buckhunter
  • 1 Post By houndawgg

Thread: Replacement batteries for cordless screw gun?

Member #

Replacement batteries for cordless screw gun?

Has anyone had any experience with after market batteries? I have a porter cable set and it's time for batteries. They have upgrades for sale on amazon and eBay? They aren't company branded but the battery design is the same. The oem batteries are 1.5 ah and the upgrades are 3.0 which it twice the capacity. Thanks Chris
    All wet labs smell good!!!!

Member #
    Batt And Blubs retail store in Brick offers rebuilds that are warrantied, they also offer upgrades in charge longevity and power.
    When Things in Life Don't Go Right ..... Go Left
    NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Hi Chris, I have been using after markets off e bay for a few years now, no trouble at all, and seem to last every bit as long, good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by buckhunter View Post
    Hi Chris, I have been using after markets off e bay for a few years now, no trouble at all, and seem to last every bit as long, good luck.
    Do you use them daily? Occasionally?

xXx
    Member #
    either way, daily use, or occasional homeowner. New batteries are really not worth it. Batteries are 60-80% of the cost of a new unit. (~60% alone, 80% when you add in a charger, which usually goes about the time of the batteries, or if not replaced, shortly after) By the time you need batteries, the brushes in the motor are half clogged, the trigger is worn..etc. New batteries may extend the life of the tool, but always seem to last 1/2 again or less the life of the originals. with daily use, I get 2-3 years from a typical driver (higher end quality) or about 800-1k cycles. Ive seen many typical homeowner quality, and they usually last about the same time frame, but much less cycles. They just seem to deteriorate with storage. In my opinion, new batteries just arent worth it. when the batteries go, I just replace the tool. It MAY be more economical for a homeowner with occasional use, as the batteries will just wear, without as much wear on the tool, but its still a gamble.
    Right at this very moment, There are people who are alive, simply because I did not want to go to jail that day.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Member #
    Three or four days a week four or five hours a day.
    Gruntinbuck likes this.

Member #
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'm gonna give them a try. I can't justify getting a new set the 400$ to replace it isn't worth the 50-100 for batteries and the set is still in good shape.

Member #
    Not a hard fix, to do yourself, but a lot cheaper. Lots of YouTube videos.

howell boy likes this.

Member #
    just dont buy a Samsung phone lol... bee carefull! i read where some of the clone batteries they would put sawdust and make up the difference insuiden the case with watch size batteries. i says yea like im gonna put them in a charger in my garage and walk away. goin off like a chinese fire cracker . i just buy a whole new tool kit and make sure its lithium batrees they seam to last.

Member #
    Paslode, Milwaukee batteries are half price on ebay on Amazon.
    Cordless tool batteries last maybe two years. Extend the life of a working tool before investing in a replacement.
    A new Milwaukee charger died last year. It was less than one year old, so Home Depot was able to swap a new one for me on the spot.

Sponsors