Jorge the butcher "scraps" - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Jorge the butcher "scraps"

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by archer36 View Post
    Is this the guy who moved about 6 times in the last three years?
    3 times in 4 years and never got 3rd place open due to an anti in Lyndhurst nj
    JimmyScags and hunterbob1 like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quack Addict View Post
    Scraps. Why the heck does a person take any animal to the butcher? So he doesn't have to deal with cutting it up AND getting rid of the scraps! Wtf would you pay several hundred dollars for processing and then have to deal with disposal of the scraps?? He charges the same if not more for butchering than elsewhere, but they take care of EVERYTHING. He was rude to 3 different people I know, all on separate unrelated occasions. Not a great way to establish a growing business and new customers. He will not get our money again.
    please label this thread Jorge and sons in Hampton nj frormerly from rockaway nj , I'm Jorge the butcher and I was in Kearny and I had the rendering truck pick up scraps

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004boat View Post
    please label this thread Jorge and sons in Hampton nj frormerly from rockaway nj , I'm Jorge the butcher and I was in Kearny and I had the rendering truck pick up scraps
    And you were the best but preferred to start washing grandmas panties instead! Lol
    bucksnbeards likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've taken my deer and my familys deer to Jorge & Sons for years. His new place is clean as hell, I know I am getting my own meat back and when it does come back it's quality. I'm sure everybody has a favorite butcher as it were and several probably do quality work. The box that comes back with the scraps is a minor inconvenience but considering the quality of the work done it doesn't bother me. We are hunters getting our hands dirty with blood and guts and throwing a dead animal into our truck so I can't see how transporting a box of scraps should get anyone's panties in a bunch. Fact of the matter is that it's so impressive how much meat comes off that deer that it's literally just the bones and hide anyway.

I can't speak to an individuals personal experience with Mr Jorge but he has been a class act around me and my kids for the 8 years that I have known him. His sausage is ridiculously good and has started smoking products now and expanding his options.

I personally call or text him before I just show up as I don't expect him to be at his facility and available at all times during the day. Just a matter of respect.

Just my opinion for what that's worth these days.
    JrsyJay, Salbooch, Big8ptr and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BOONER View Post
    Sayerville
    56 Hart St.
    Enjoy life. It has an expiration date.

Member #
    He is a strange dude. Have met him a few times and he could
    be very pleasant and other times moody as hell for no reason. I already have a GF to fill that void don't need a butcher to help out. I would much rather deal with Tom as he is always happy to see you and the business you bring and he does a great job. I drive an hour to drop my deer at Tom so take that for what it's worth.

Member #
    I've noticed too many people on here getting their "panties in a bunch" over nonsense. My friend goes to Jorge and the cuts he gets back are ridiculous. Rack of Venison, where else do you get that? Jorge is a true Butcher and has been for probably 30 years (I Believe my buddy said Shoprite butcher). Just my 2 cents :-)
    betterfisher likes this.

Member #
    Learn to butcher your own deer this way you know how it's processed and you save a bunch of money

Member #
    Rude to customers doesn't cut it with me. I will cut my own deer when it gets colder out. But in these warmer temperatures the convenience of using a butcher makes them some money and saves me from getting harassed by my neighbors for stinking up their yard with my garbage cans.

Member #
    George you spelled your name wrong
    2004boat likes this.
    “I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together.” –John Burroughs

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors