New Jersey Hunters banner

Which one of these 3 trail camera would you buy?

7K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  buckmasterTate 
#1 ·
#10 · (Edited)
I have 2 M-880's I bough two years ago....
personally I wasn't overly impressed.... Though they are similar to the M-80... they use a different firmware then the M-80 which is incomparable with a SD chip with anything on it but the m-880 firmware, also they have a elongated panoramic HD picture which sounds nice but is actually a pain in the ass when downloading in the field because of the off size of the pictures...

Both of cams are over sensitive to low or fading light and they both switch to inferred way to early in the day and stay on way into the morning sun light causing the pics to be very over exposed and white since there is no need for the inferred at the times it kicks on.... also the one cams only has half the low glow flash working winch given the overexposure issues tends to be a plus for that cam...

I've had similar white out issues with several Bushnell scout cams, except with the m-880 at least you can still see the deer in the pics were as with the Bushnell it's a total white out.... I stopped using Bushnell because of the over exposure white out pics...

If you can get your hands on the ""Moultrie M-80"" series of cams (that is the cam I use... I have 6 in the field right now) they are a much better buy and give you less trouble then the M-880 or the Bushnell scout...

I have no experience with the Browning Cams...

#13 · (Edited)
I have the Bushnell and although it's a nice camera and I get good pictures all year long on one set of 8 energize lithium ion batteries, the recovery speed isn't as great as I would have liked. I get a lot of pics that are just pics of forest and no animals because the motion sensor pics up movement before they're in frame. Then the next picture has the deer right I'm the middle of the frame. Unless the deer is seriously moving wicked slow, it's hard to tell which direction they came from. Other than that, for overall pics, it's great. Very very easy to use. Check out www.trailcampro.com for all kinds of great info. Totally unbiased reviews of all the major players in the tail camera market.

#25 ·
I can't speak for the other 2 but I do own the Browning Strike Force cam and I highly recommend it. I have nothing negative to say about it. Great detection range, great pictures, tons of features, compact size, etc. The one pro that stands out above all is the outstanding battery life using Lithium batteries I am experiencing. I've had it out for about 2 months now with a total picture count nearing 2000 pictures and the battery meter still states 100%. I hate to admit it but a small part of me thinks, "this damn thing is defective...no way can it still be 100%"...but that's what it says and it's still going strong. At this rate, one set (6 Lithium AA batteries) will last me the entire season. For the price, this cam can't be beat. Money well spent.

#29 ·
Moultrie, They are all about the same in quality (mid range) but Moultrie has an exceptional warranty program and good customer service department.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.