NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 2013 maine deer hunt

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Im going up to The Forks next month. I hunted the Adirondacks for about 13 years and love big woods hunting. Headed up to Maine for the first time, looking forward to it.
    mainebux likes this.

Member #
    I'd be interested. Pm me with info. Been hunting the Catskills since my dad handed me my lever action 35 and said don't come back till you can't see. I followed a set of tracks when I was 16 from about 8 am and caught up with him at 4 pm. A monster 4 pt haha. Shot him and didn't get back to camp till almost 1 am with a sore back but a smile as wide as your truck hood.
    You can do a lot more for the environment by carrying a rifle then carrying a sign.

Don't Spread My Wealth, Spread My Work Ethic
    WWW.GROWTHEBONE.COM

Member #
    Hi, I live in Maryland but my roots are from Aroostook Co. I've hunted over 30 years in the big woods and always love the experience. The deer herd is making a come back and I found over the years of hunting the massive Maine forest you have to know where to small pockets of whitetail live or a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time hunter can scout for weeks and never see a deer!!! My experience is snow on the ground is a most for tracking and visibility in the ever ever evergreen forest. The black power season we found to be the best time for snow and the deer starts herding up and as the locals know where the migration trails are located!!!
    mainebux and longbow like this.

Member #
    Have never hunted Maine myself but I to will be heading to the ADK this weekend for Muzzy opener
    Back up on the 8th of nov to 17th. Mainbux I may be down for a NJH maine trip.
    As I have never hunted up there and would love to. Good luck this season.
    mainebux and Mallard1100 like this.

Member #
    I'v been up to Maine twice, both times where to the North Woods near Ashland. Pulled a Moose permit and shot a nice one opening day and then for bear with Turnpike Ridge Outfitters. Love it. In 2 years I'll be retired and will go up to try my luck for deer. I have a friend that lives in Ashland. Hell, maybe I'll even luck out and pull another Moose permit! Meanwhile I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a week of early season muzzleloading at my camp in Equinunk PA. Can only shoot doe's, and I have 2 permit's. Good Luck up in the North Woods and shoot a monster.
    mainebux likes this.

Non Typical
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by swampbuck View Post
    Im going up to The Forks next month. I hunted the Adirondacks for about 13 years and love big woods hunting. Headed up to Maine for the first time, looking forward to it.
    Good luck to you , great outfitter you are hunting with. Keep us posted during your week hunt if you can.
    Last edited by mainebux; 10-18-2013 at 07:33 AM.

Non Typical
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejd View Post
    Have never hunted Maine myself but I to will be heading to the ADK this weekend for Muzzy opener
    Back up on the 8th of nov to 17th. Mainbux I may be down for a NJH maine trip.
    As I have never hunted up there and would love to. Good luck this season.
    Good luck to you in the ADK's. Will be setting a trip up now for sure.
    mikejd likes this.

Member #
    Good luck and hunt hard, smart. I am sure there are a few Larry's watching now! JJ
    mainebux likes this.

Non Typical
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Guys check out this place Vacationland Estates.com .
    I spent much time and effort over the years looking at land and camps in Maine but could never get myself to pull the trigger on a place for various reasons.
    I found this time share at Vacationland Estates in 2004 and it was a perfect fit for me.
    Bought my unit for $1,000.00, 2nd week of November. Association fees are only $238 for the week. You can't even get a motel for that price for a week.
    My unit sleeps 4 and what is nice is the heat is on when I get there, cable tv to watch the NASCAR race on Sunday, laundry facility in case your close get wet etc.
    I am not trying to sell units or in any way affiliated with any realtors, just trying to give guys a heads up on an option on a place to stay.
    They have rentals and units for sale during the deer season weeks.
    With that being said, if we do set up a NJ Hunter hunt next year guys could rent for the week from Vacationland Estates or there are some cabins about a mile down the lake that are rentals.
    There are a few local guides in the area who will take you out for a daily rate or I can point you to some of my spots which have really produced over the years.
    What is nice about a hunt like this is that if you have 4 guys or so to a group and splitting costs, you can do a hunt from start to finish for $600 or less per man for the week.

Member #

buck

Got pics of this one last year in Maine. Planning on sitting on this scrape for a few days, especially if there is no snow.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    mainebux likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors