New Jersey Hunters banner

Deer Poop

4K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Tarhunt 
#1 ·
Is Deep poop an indicator of how big a deer is ??? ( the bigger the poop ( scat ) the bigger the deer ?? or does it just indicate the deer may have had Mexican the night before ??

#7 ·
Deer poop, like people poop depends on diet. How many of you have changed an infants diaper only to wonder..how did something this small have an output this large.

#19 ·
I don't remember ever saying, "holy sh.. look at the size of those droppings there must be a huge buck around". A lot of times when field dressing a deer there will be a lot of droppings in the colon and I never noticed an appreciable difference in the size of the droppings of a doe compared to a large buck.

Someone like Liberty Hollow, should be able to answer this question more accurately.

#20 ·
Reminds me of "Bubba" from the hunting videos as a kid, he wore that floppy orange hat, ran around breaking all these safety laws and eating deer poop to determine if it was rabbit scat. I believe it was through the buckmasters kids club

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.