NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
    Member #
    I Bought It Years ago from a Friend and Never Really Used It but Just got It Re Strung Recently and Looking to Use It Soon! I Don't Know the Year of It or the Specs on It but Can Anyone Tell me the History on the Indian Company and Why they Stopped making these Bows and How many Different Models did they actually make and How Accurate were they for their time?
    Thanks Guys!

Member #
    I dont have info about the Indian co. but I have an old indian Compound. I also bought mine off a friend back in 99 . The model of mine is the "Hawkeye II" 50 to 60 lb It was a great bow in its time I killed my first deer with it, and I still cant find a bow that has a nice of a grip on it that the hawkeye has, I still enjoy shooting it but I havent hunted with it in a few years Kind of slow and a bit loud compaired to the bows they have these day but would still defenitly get the job done

Member #
    Nice Info ThankYou Patrick! I was Told there Not Worth Very Much! Do You Have Any Ball Park Figures off hand of How Much? I'll Look at Mine Closer when I getta Chance to See What Model it actually is!I have Easton Practice Arrows on It Now and Was Looking at Target Shooting with it Soon! Do you target Shoot? Any Recommendations for Arrows, Tips, Targets to get? Squrae Targets with Hay in Them or Like the Foam Deer Ones that Stand Up?

Member #
    I paid 50 for mine back in 99 but I also had it restrung and set up with a quicktune arrow rest, peep sight and a truglow 4 pin sight and a kisser button, so I put about 150 in to it and I have about 2dozen arrows for it.I guess if I were to sell I would ask 100 bucks or so but I wouldent sell it I plan on leting my nephews learn to shoot with it or if I ever have kids. I shoot easton aluminum 2216.fletched with feathers Thats what was recomended by a pro back when I had it set up to fit me back in 99. As far as target shooting absolutly, I have a 3-D buck to shoot at and I just recently made myself a bag target made out of 2 50lb feed sacks one put into the other then you stuff it with old clothes the thing works awesome and it cost nothing google build your own bag target very easy to make why waste money on 100 dollar targets when you can build one for next to nothing

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Can Anyone Tell me the History on the Indian Company and Why they Stopped making these Bows
    "Founded in 1927, Indian Archery and Toy Corp. operated as a small but thriving enterprise for nearly four decades before coming under the control of management that steered it toward diversification and more prolific growth. It was the influence of this new management team--led by Robert Griffin, Escalade's chief executive officer during the 1990s--that shaped Escalade into a global leader."

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...y-History.html

It seems that Indian Archery went the way of the dodo bird. The company evolved into a sporting goods manufacturing conglomerate (Escalade Inc.), and the archery product line was sacraficed in the name of diversification.
    "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

Member #
    Great Info Patrick and I'm Definately Gonna make Myself Some Targets and Thanks on the History Info LoadedforBear You Guys are the Best!!!

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    Man..that brought back memories...my first bow was a 25# Indian archery solid fiberglass recurve, that my mom got for 2 books of Green Stamps (!). I think each book was worth about $3.00....

Pigeons and starlings DIED that summer!!
    "Live fully every single day, just don't get arrested." --Maren Bergstrom

Sponsors