New Jersey Hunters banner

2008 NJ Bear pics - Post them HERE! (pix)

28K views 67 replies 49 participants last post by  BestNJBirdDogs 
#1 ·
I know that some of you guys are up to your eyeballs in bears at this point (and wouldn't be anymore inclined to grab your camera to doccument the encounter that a suburbanite would be to grab a picture of a squirrel at the backyard birdfeeder).

Nonetheless, I thought it might be interesting, & sobering at the same time for the non-believers, to gather a running list of bear pictures from just this one year, around the Garden State.

Just keep it simple, original pic(s) accompanied by a brief description of location, date, time, etc. Please don't republish newspaper articles or other news accounts. If you want to comment about any particular photo or encounter posted, just take it to a new thread.

So, Who's first?...

#29 ·
Last night around 5 pm I was heading south on rt 23. I stopped to get gas at the exxon station in newfoundland.
As Im sitting there, everyone in the station starts to point across the street to dunkin doughnuts.
There is a big black bear standing in the drive through looking in the window at the girl inside. Of course the dopes inside throw food out too him. So he sits right there and eats it. Then they decide to scare him off. Well ten minutes later he comes back for more. After a few minutes they scared him off again. All this time people are walking in and out of the place not more than 15 ft away ,and none of them seemed to notice. Its friggin scary how these bears are wandering around our towns.And worse yet that idiots are feeding them.

#30 ·
Here is a couple from this year.

The last picture was 3:11pm and the camera was set for 5 min. intervals. I picked up the camera at 3:19pm.

#46 ·
I have some photo's I'll post when I get home.

The damn bear are as common as Mosquito's in Zone 1[down]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.