New Jersey Hunters banner

Bears and Bait (pix)

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pla930 
#1 ·
Last weekend the Gun Club put up some feeders in an effort to keep deer on our land. We used large barrels and hoisted them up the tree with a rope and tackle. The pulley system has a locking lever that will lock the pulleys in place till you pull on the rope. After lifting the barrels up and locking the pulleys. the other members of the club were content with leaving the rope hung loose...I told them to tie it to a tree so that a bear won't pull on the rope and release it. They laughed and agreed that it would be a very smart Bear that knew enough to pull on the rope.

Thankfully they agreed and tied it off...there is about 200 lb.s of corn in the barrel

There are two bears climbing the tree.

One of them pulling on the rope...Notice the date !

We hung the barrel on Sunday the 14th !!!

See less See more
#6 ·
I heard if you hang car-keys from the feeder and a copy of the NJ Bear Awareness pamphlet, they'll stay clear of your bait.

#7 ·
Them Bears are not stupid! I really think the Bears are on our side. They know we are to smart to try and pet them or Bother with them so what they are doing is getting these Antis to think they are al cute and stuff and they are waiting till one day when they all gather in the woods to protect them and then they are going to jump on the Anti's and eat them All.!

Never mind I was dreaming last night and thats what happened in it. [hihi][hihi]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.