NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ringwood SP

Rack Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    My buddy and I have just started Hunting Ringwood SP and haven’t come in contact with too many hunters. I was wondering how many people patrol this site that hunt the area regularly. I have two cameras set up in the woods and have seen a ton of Does, lots of turkey, 3 small bucks, 2 small but nice 8's and 2 bears. I was interested to finding out if anyone else has had luck hunting there this season and what size deer have been harvested this year?
    We interrupt this marriage for.... HUNTING SEASON!!!

Member #
    no deer in rwsp!! if you got some on cam sounds like you have it figured out. huge area bucks can be anywhere , here 1 day gone the next if pressured . good luck
    NO JOB IS SO URGENT,AND NO SERVICE IS SO IMPORTANT, THAT WE CANNOT TAKE OVERTIME TO PREFORM OUR TASK SAFELY.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    i squirrel hunt there all the time and i hardly see deer. if your seeing them then good luck to ya
    Franco..........

Vice President, Treerat Hunting club
    Local 94 IUOE.
    "Is that a squirrel pot pie?"

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I have seen a few deer there over the years running my dog,,,,but not much to make me go hunt there.
    Soylent green is PEOPLE!
    Hoyt Stratus
    Mathews Z7
    T/C Encore
    Marlin 1895M .450
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    If you found deer stay in the area. Just like overtimehunter said, here today gone tommorow. It is one of the biggest unbroken piece of woods in the state,has no agriculture, and big hills. Very hard to pattern the deer, but there are some monsters in there. That section near Ringwood state park goes clear to Sloatsburg in NY state, through to Mahwah in Bergen county, and doesn't get hunted as hard as it used to. Both overtimehunter and myself grew up hunting these woods, and the "big" groups of "locals" aren't in there in full force anymore. It is patrolled by the State Park police, who have an office in the Ringwood state park. They also handle patrolling the Ramapo state park which is off Skyline drive, which is pretty much closed to hunting on the west side of the drive. It is a big piece of woods, and expect to see lots of hikers and bikers, especially on the weekends and holidays.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I hunted the area near Ringwood SP all the time. Now I only bow hunt the area. Big woods, and if you like hunting and have the time to put in you may get lucky and score on a big buck but you will have to get use to dealing with bears and may see more bear than deer in warmer weather, especially if you bait. I got so sick of seeing the bears I now hunt NY's Sterling Forest and only bow hunt regular season in Jersey as a fill in.

Deer hunting is best during the gun season once you figure out where the local gangs do their drives.
    - Tired of working to make ends meet?..... Vote Democratic, support USA's largest taxpayer supported employer and urban charitable organization.

- Go Green, resubmit all your old bear hunt editorial letters rehashing the SOS.

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I have hunted the area of the park that used to be Wanaque WMA. I have taken a few decent bucks there when the NY and NJ seasons overlap by parking in Sterling Forest and walking across the state line.

There is also a honey hole less than 200 yds from East Shore Drive, but I won't say exactly where. It may not be active anymore though. I hunted it once or twice during regular bow season this year and didn't see anything.

Member #
    I hunt there when NY bow is closed. See alot of bears, tons of hikers/bikers and those idiots riding ATV's illegally. Deer are hard to find. If you find them, hunt that area. Will be out tomorrow afternoon with the bow there. Checked a camera Wednesday and have a HUGE bear on camera.

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    It is one of the biggest unbroken piece of woods in the state,has no agriculture, and big hills.
    Never hunted it but mountain biking is awesome there. Technical trails and BIG HILLS,lung blasting hills, beatiful switchback sections. Everywhere I have biked in NJ, I've come up on deer, they don't see you coming and you're covering a lot of ground quickly and quietly so it's easy to do. That's the one place I've never seen deer. I have almost hit deer/turkey riding fast downhill on a trail. Never at Ringwood.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I hunted there all of my life. I stopped about 5 years ago because of the number of mountain bikes. They ride the deer runs and it is almost impossible to have a decent sit in the woods without one idiot pushing the deer away from you. Good Luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors