NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    To be Or not to be...

Any feedback on the mossberg 535 combo 24/28 vs remington 870 combo.

There is a price difference mossberg runs 300.00 and Remington runs 420$, price difference will tell me the remington has a plus in it.

The only thing I could come up with, its the name, and history manfacturing firearms.

I like to know what you Top Hunter's think, as you guys experience the action in the field.

And what's is a Good scope to invest in, I already owned a 3-9X40 Tasco.
    Any others out there that has a range finder build in

Thanks

BOWHUNTERCOP
    I think you mean the Mossberg 835.

Both shotguns are excellent, the mossberg 835 is a 3.5" chamber so you can use from 2.75" shells to 3.5" shells, the Remington is 3". If your going to do turkey then the 3.5" chamber may serve you better. Do you know if they both have a rifled barrel/cantilever scope mount? I know the Mossberg does. I own the 835, I don't use it for deer anymore, just to heavy, but I use it for turkey. If you go with the 835, and use slugs in it, DO NOT use 2.75" or 3" shells, you must use 3.5" shells for liability reasons. As far as scopes, the 3-9x40 is great, but I wouldn't use a Tasco, no offense but they are cheap and garbage, remember the 12ga. kicks/recoil like a mule, you need a scope that can take the pounding, look into the Leupolds, Nikons, or if you don't want to spend alot, look into the Bushnell's Trophy Series scopes.

Also the Mossberg 500 combo is there version that competes with the Remington 870, you can find the Mossberg 500 combo on sale at DICKS for like $280

Member #
    remington. but then again im completely biased so you might not want to take my word for it. either way your going to end up with a quality gun that will get the job done.

BOWHUNTERCOP
    Hounddawg has a Mossberg 835 combo for sale excellent price, look for the thread in the classifield section

Member #
    I have been shooting 2.75 slugs out of my 835 for years without any problem.BC where did you here that?

BOWHUNTERCOP
    Tomski, when I first got the shotgun I sighted in with 2.75" Lightfields, when I was finished I was cleaning up, and saw it on the side of the box. I emailed both Lightfield, and Mossberg and they both said the same thing, that on a shell (slug only) shorter then 3.5" it just doesn't sit correctly in the chamber, so I re-sighted the gun in with Lightfields 3.5" slugs, they are loaded just like there 3" slugs. I think Jcchartboy even posted stuff on this subject

BOWHUNTERCOP
    Goto www.lightfieldslugs.com, look under FAQ, they tell you why

Dominant Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    I think you mean the Mossberg 835.
    Actually, Mossberg just introduced the 535. It is the same gun as the 500, but is capable of shooting 3-1/2" shells.

David
    NJ... Where fun comes to die!

Member #
    Mine,870 w/a ER Shaw rifled barrel,Bell and Carlson stock and fore,and Timmney trigger.A tack driver w/Lightfields.

Member #
    I bought the 870 with the turkey 3.5" barrel and bought the special cantilevered sabot barrel and its a tack driver with federal barnes expanders (2 3/4" only) and 3" lightfields.

That first deer I posted the story on last year I shot at 100 yards with the 870.

I love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors