NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    I have been having some issues with my Wildview Extreme 4.0 Camera. I have tested all of the settings, etc. and it doesn't seem to take pictures immediately upon movement. I have the setting at 1 minute between shots and the burst is set at 2. Theoretically this menas that it should take 1 shot and then 3 seconds later a second shot. Then it should wait another minute and go off again on movement. However, even when I test it it seems to take a lot of movement to trigger the photo. I had one camera, and thought this was a defect so I took it back and got another one ( same model ) and it does the same thing. Anyone have any experience with these? Maybe I am doing something wrong?? Thanks.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." ~ Thomas Paine

Member #
    I am having the same exact problem. My cam has been out for two weeks, and I have 4 pictures of deer. Not working right.,

Member #
    I have the same camera and it gives me nothing but problems.If you can return it, get somthing else.

Member #
    Thanks guys. I guess the thing is just a piece of crap. I got it on a clearance sale at Dick's Should have known better.
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." ~ Thomas Paine

Member #
    Same problems here...I also get overexposed (white out) pictures during the day. This happens no matter what direction I put the camera in. I can't stand putting in time to set up a good camera spot and returning to screwed up pics or no pics at all.

Monster Buck
    Sponsors
    Member #
    strange. my extreme 2's work like a dream for the most part.

sux.

does cabela's still have the moultrie 4.0's for 69.99 in their bargain cave???
    Paul.R.Piano@gmail.com <---<< emails go right to my phone

Member #
    they are not the best out there for sure but if try to set off the camera by moving your hand over the sensor most time s it wont go off but leave it on the tree and u will get deer pics. i never go by test mode on any camera they all r designed to b wide angle at close range. and if simeone steals it witch sooner or later will happen your out a feww dollars rather than a few hundred

Member #
    The wildview are cheap cameras, and usually only work well over a bait pile. The more expensive cameras have higher quality triggers, which work better on trails and field edges. For a bait pile, you can not beat the wildview for the price.
    Member FMBA local 21
    Member UBNJ

Super Moderator
    Sponsors
    Member #
    You get what you pay for. They are cheap cameras and have a very slow trigger speed. Up to 4 - 5 seconds on some models.
    I have both Cuddeback and a few wildlife extreme. I only use Wildlife extreme over bait or I get pix of nothing or maybe the deers tail and he is walking away.
    Cuddeback is by far the best ive used but expensive.
    >>>---> <---<<<

Member #
    I have the wildview and it is slow to trigger. As others have stated it is fine for bait pile photos. I do get occasional white outs during the day. I also found out that most of the problems are more apparent when the batteries start to fade. The pics come out good though in B/W. I wish this site would upgrade so I could upload pics instead of the web based photo crap.
    Largest Buck 130 gross. 1995 NJ Outstanding Deer entry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors