New Jersey Hunters banner

7.62x39mm legal questions

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  George79 
#1 ·
Apologies in advance if the formatting is a bit terrible, I'm typing this from my phone. Anyway, on to the main point. I was considering getting a sks rifle, but before I buy one i had questions about legal proceedings and stuff. Is it legal for me to transport ammunition in my car, assuming it's properly stored? Do you have to be 21 to buy the sks or ammo? And would I need to travel into PA to buy it? Thanks in advance guys, I can't find info on this stuff anywhere.

#4 ·
Frankly I think your a Troll but I will play along.

Anyone 18 years or older with a Valid FPIDC and another form of ID can purchase a Long Gun (Rifle or Shotgun) in NJ. If you are purchasing from a Retailer (Dick's, Cheyenne Mountain, Sportsman's Center or any FFL holder) you must go through NICS. If it is a private sale between two residents of NJ merely show your FPIDC and fill out a Certificate of Eligibility. All interstate firearm purchases must go through an FFL. Ammunition can be transported in your vehicle but must be stored separate from any firearms in the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.