NewJerseyHunter.com is the premier Hunting Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Versa Max

Spike
    Sponsors
    Member #

Versa Max

Does anyone know why Remington names their chokes and does not put a standard choke designation on them? Here are the choke's that come with the gun over decoys , flooded timber,turkey/predator I can't remember the other one.

Member #
    Just a stupid gimmic probably, I shoot a few benelli chokes that are named for certain scenarios like pass shooting ect.

Member #
    if you go on remingtions website i think they tell you what the word means, turkey is extra full, Flooded timber=imp cyl, over decoys=modified, Pass shooting=Full. I have no clue as to why they cant put that on the chokes, it would make it alot easier

Member #
    They do this because the new generation does not know the true choke names or the difference between them and what each one does or is used for so they spell it out. One of those things that the easier they try to make it, the more complicated it is. Just remember KISS. Thats "Keep It Simple Stupid" for those that don't abla.

Member #
    i mean i know what all the old chokes do and what they are used for but i dont think its a bad thing to just make it simple. it gets rid of a lot of question asking. just use x choke when hunting x animal. probably gets rid of a lot of headaches at the gun store or at a store like dicks where the employees dont know their ass from their elbow.

Member #
    The English claim ownership to the choke system dating back to 1888. They simply used full, 3/4, 1/2, quarter (or 1/4) and cylinder as designations. Not too complicated.

There's no reason to make it complicated, but a choke tube proclaiming "Flooded timber on an overcast day" seems a little overwrought to me. If you don't know what the tubes are, measure the I.D. with a dial caliper.
    Last edited by Setters4Life; 06-23-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Setters4Life View Post
    The English claim ownership to the choke system dating back to 1888. They simply used full, 3/4, 1/2, quarter (or 1/4) and cylinder as designations. Not too complicated.

There's no reason to make it complicated, but a choke tube proclaiming "Flooded timber on an overcast day" seems a little overwrought to me. If you don't know what the tubes are, measure the I.D. with a dial caliper.
    I read this thread backwards on Tapatalk, so I thought you were joking about "flooded timber" until I read to the OP. I can't believe this. It's all part of the dumbing down of America.

If we don't stop this in it's tracks, soon we're going to be facing rifle calibers named after animals instead of numbers. Like "Charging Rhino," and "Precision Prairie Dog."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooly Bugger View Post
    I read this thread backwards on Tapatalk, so I thought you were joking about "flooded timber" until I read to the OP. I can't believe this. It's all part of the dumbing down of America.

If we don't stop this in it's tracks, soon we're going to be facing rifle calibers named after animals instead of numbers. Like "Charging Rhino," and "Precision Prairie Dog."
    I think ammo makers have already labelled rifle loads into categories. Look at Winchester's CXP1, CXP2, CXP3, CXP4 designations, Hornady's H.I.T.S. classifications, Federal's 1,2,3,4, etc. for appropriate game-types. As long as you have your wind-doping, BDC enabled 4x12x50mm scope, all you need is for someone to put you in front of the game and it's instantly down, right?

Sponsors