New Jersey Hunters banner

Bow Drive Produces 2 Deer for Father/Son Combo (Pics)

4K views 35 replies 36 participants last post by  shoot2kill8 
#1 ·
1 driver, 2 sitters and 2 Does down on one drive with our bows. One from a stand & one from the ground. My father (Highguy) and I went out today for some bow action and had a great time in Zone 9. A good buddy of ours agreed to do a couple of pushes for us and on the 2nd one we had about 15 deer come to us. Those 15 blew by us sos fast that we never got a shot. Then I was able to see my dad, who was about 60 yards away behind a tree begin to draw his bow as a lone Doe came down the draw towards him. She stopped at about 20 yards and gave him a broadside shot. It was very cool to watch it all unfold in front of me while perched in my stand. After he shot and his deer ran off, I looked twenty yards behind me and saw a lone Doe that apparently stopped. I drew slowly, leaned to the side of the tree with a slight bend of the knees and hit her directly behind the shoulder to complete the double. It was really awesome to say the least. I did the right thing and field dressed both my deer and my Dad's. A truly excellent way to close out the season! Thanks Pete for the 1 man deer drive that produced and thanks to both of you for the great memory!

See less See more
#4 ·
awesome day congrats to both .

#10 ·
Sounds like a fantastic afternoon. Congratulations to you both [up]

#25 ·
Great story, I had a one or two doubles with my father (when he could hunt) and I always enjoyed the story telling on the way back home when I was young.

I wish I was not stuck at work today to be able to join in on the fun.

Highguy, we are now tied, one more by Saturday for bragging rights during the off season!

#26 ·
Just got home and read your post Son. Thanks for the field dressing, while we have taken several doubles on the same sit, this was our first on the same push only 60 yards apart. "You can't get this time back" This will be a day I will always remember. Thanks for sharing it with me. Dad!:D[up][up][up]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.