Poll... do you believe this Guys Article is correct?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Poll... do you believe this Guys Article is correct??

Member #
    I've seen similar articles of this type over the years....without New Jersey getting on Board with at least the " 3 points on one side Rule,on Buck harvests Statewide or in the Majority of the WMA zones", our Garden State will generally SUCK forever. Private lands owners, leased managed acres, food plots, posted signs, gates, and fences can only accomplish so much. The New Jersey authorities in Fish and Game should be told to read the article for homework. They need to Educate the hunting public,and initiate actions making the changes into more sound trophy inclined management, but they won't.

ST Vendor
    Supporting Vendor
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcol6268 View Post
    I bet that's probably accurate. Most NJ Hunters I know go out of state to hunt as well, but the last couple years I've seen a huge incline in the out of state hunters coming to NJ, almost all of them from PA and Maine believe it or not lol and I'm talking about in totally different parts of the states. I know why PA doesn't have that many deer, all the guys I've seen shoot anything, it's brown it's down mentality. During 6 day I had them blow out one of my not so pressured public land hunts, luckily they left all the capes of the deer next to where I park, so I know none of them were the monster I'm after lol
    Hahaha welcome to Pa!
    Unlike alot of hunters I honestly could care less what state a person lives in or where they are from. I have relatives from many different states come to Pa. To hunt. I'm glad they do. Im not that greedy or hungry for a deer that I would wish non residents would stop coming.
    PredaTorch.com

Predator Night Lights Calls and Accessories

Member #
    how did hawaii not get worst?!
    United we stand, Divided we fall.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NewJerseyHunter.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    In my opinion this guy is not much of a statistician. The fact NJ ranks in the bottom ten in the total number of deer harvested by state is simply irrelevant since the size of the state must be considered. The 3.6 antlerless deer per square mile when the national average is 2.1 is also a useless number telling us nothing since most states have strict limits on does. The last number he gives us is the 62% on yearling buck.... ok so is this number telling us anything about our deer opportunities if we don't know what is the remaining 38%?
    I think you get the point. All three "statistics" can not be used for the purpose he is using it for.

I am deplorable

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by palawman30 View Post
    Invading you? I'm willing to bet more Jersey hunters leave the state to hunt then non residents enter Jersey to hunt.
    You ever hunt along the Delaware (Gap) during 6 day or opening MZL?? This year for the Bear archery season?

Member #
    Probably some guy who hunts with outfitters and on private property that is well maintained with food and fences and shoots big bucks year in and year out....Tons of "Pro Staffers" and "Professional Hunters" probably can't hack it in these states listed because they actually have to hunt instead of having the deer right there for the picking

Member #
    Maui actually has a huge Axis deer population, open season all year. I was there last year and saw a herd running through a zip line course, large antlered bucks, ditto on wild boar from a population perspective.
    NRA Life Member
    ANJRPC Member
    SAR Member

Member #
    I agreed agree with you. There was a show a few years back called real hunting, sponsored by Bass Pro I believe. It was interesting to see the guys struggle with earn a buck rules in place and hunting non baited areas in real conditions. Oddly enough their experience in the field was like many, few deer some never shot one at all over 3-4 days. Not sure if it is still on the air.
    NRA Life Member
    ANJRPC Member
    SAR Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors